I have no idea what has gotten into me lately but ever since Rubbermaid has decided ti help me organize my garage I have been in the cleaning mood! Usually I come home from work just exhausted! I have been learning to take on just little tasks at a time which have been making it so much easier than trying to take many things at once.
When I would try and clean before I caught myself starting in one room, putting away something in another room, seeing a mess and getting side tracked from what I was originally working on and start on another. So nothing would ever get done the way I wanted and I would just get stressed out. I thought I might post a few cleaning tips that may help you get back in the mood after the holiday weekend.
1. Listen to books on tape while you clean or use your Ipod. This will help lighten the mood and make the time go by faster.
2. Some times I will clean when I am in a really bad mood. It seems that I have a bit more energy and it also helps me unwind and forget what I was mad about in the first place.
3. Don't feel like you have to tackle the whole entire space immediately.Instead break down the process into smaller steps.
4. Create a cleaning schedule. Maybe schedule yourself 30 mins a room. What ever you get done , great when your 30 mins is up move on to the next room. Once it's clean do not give up on your schedule! This will help keep it clean. Below are a few home remedies that I have been told over the years. Some I have tried and some I have not so use your best judgment when tyring these. Please let us know if any of these has worked for you!
5. Cleaning your garage? Check out what professional Organizer Melissa Smallwood is doing for me !
*A few Home Remedies*
1. Check out my last post where you can learn to make your own Dryer Sheets,Foaming Hand soap, and using White Vinegar!
2. Bathroom-Sprinkle Baking soda around the bathtub and it will make a paste that you can use to scrub the dirt right off. You can then rinse with vinegar water to help keep your tub cleaner longer! I keep a bottle of white vinegar in the bathroom and after every bath or shower I spray the shower and tub down with vinegar! You can also use the baking soda for your sink and toilet as well. I have also heard that you can drop seltzer tablets in the toilet to make it sparkle and shine but I have never tried it.
3. Rust in the Bathroom- Mix lemon Juice and Salt and scrub with a toothbrush!
4. Remove Candle Wax- If you have candle wax in your carpet you can take a brown paper bag and place it over the spill. The run a hot iron or Vacuum cleaner over it and the paper bag will absorb the wax. Always use a clean spot on the bag when finishing up the stain.
5. Crayon on walls- Well I use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser it's awesome! But when you don't have that around you can spray some WD 40 on it and wipe with a paper towel. You can also try some baking soda as well.
When using WD-40 make sure to wipe the surface clean after use of WD-40. Do not leave any residue. Also do a test spot in an inconspicuous area when using any cleaner you have not used before. Remember Wd-40 is a petroleum based oil and should NOT be used on any Wallpaper or Vinyl. Also it depends on the Paint you have used and how old it is. Always Pre-Test-Pre Test Pre-Test!
OK that is enough for today. I will be posting more tips soon!
Click Here for more Frugal Tips, Coupons & Freebies
Follow us on Facebook