This Slow Cooker Turkey Enchilada Bake post was sponsored by Honest Turkey, my thoughts and opinions are my own!
Slow Cooker Turkey Enchilada Bake
I’m always on the lookout to find ways to make my favorite dishes healthier while keeping all the deliciousness! Since we love mexican food, enchiladas are always a favorite at our house! My first step with this Turkey Enchilada Bake was to beef it up (so to speak) with lean protein and fiber. For even more fiber consider using wheat tortillas, but my family just isn’t there yet. One day…
This time, I wanted to take things a step further than grocery store 90/10 ground round. So I did some exploring.
It’s surprising how much I learned when I looked into what the benefits of ground turkey were. und that not only is ground turkey an amazing option, but Honest Turkey in particular, is pure, delicious turkey for even the most discerning shoppers. Like me!
Using Honest Turkey
Like I mentioned before, avoiding extras is important to me so I was so excited to find that Honest Turkey by Honeysuckle White is turkey raised with care by independent family farmers with no antibiotics and no added hormones or steroids.
Honestly though, check out the melted goodness of the cheese! Most people strive to make their meals kid friendly, for me, I mostly strive for husband friendly since my littles aren’t little anymore.
No worries here though, my sweet dear of a husband avoids greens like the average Don’t let my food touch! toddler so I think we’re all looking for the same food here anyways!
When I can, I like to give my business to a company that supports the same things I do. Honest Turkey is also easy for me to find at the Walmart right in my neighborhood! If I’ve got to drive to a specialty shop then I’m probably not going to buy it as often as I would like, and I want to buy this. Often!
Topped with beautiful fresh roma tomatoes, avocados, a few tortilla strips for added crunch, and I always like a little chopped cilantro! So Good! I love the presentation when I use my casserole slow cooker too. Hope this is a recipe for your favorites box!
Honeysuckle White is committed to giving consumers more choices to meet the needs of their family.
Be sure you look for other products from Honeysuckle White and its sister brand, Shady Brook Farms.
Print Your Slow Cooker Turkey Enchilada Bake Recipe Here!
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- 1-2 cans of enchilada sauce, 10oz
- 1 can of corn, 15oz - DRAINED
- 1 can of black beans, 15.50z - DRAINED
- 1 4 oz can green chili's, 4oz
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese or taco flavored
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 lb of ground Honest Turkey
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 cup salsa
- can add additional black olives
- Cook Honest Ground Turkey in skillet
- Stir in salsa, black beans, corn, taco seasoning green chili and enchilada sauce. (olives you want)
- Spray slow cooker with coconut oil spray(or any cooking spray)
- Place 2 tortillas in bottom of slow cooker and the spread 1/3 of the meat mixture on top.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
- Repeat layering one more time.
- Tops with 2 tortilla's, enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 2-3.
- * Garnish with tomato, avocado and tortilla strips for crunch.
See More Here:
- Home Expressions Bath Towels JUST $2.98 at JCPenney – Limited Time!
- The Big One Pillows as Low as $2.96 at Kohl’s + Earn Kohl’s Cash!
- Cooks Small Appliances JUST $7.98 at JCPenney After Rebate (Reg. up to $60)
- Consumer Queen Daily Recap of Deals 11/25/20
- Black Friday 2020 Ads – See Them All Here!
Check out some of our Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker Recipes below:
This Instant Pot Meat Cheat Sheet for Cooking Meat will help you take the guesswork- and Googling- out of your Instant Pot Cooking!
Instant Pot Egg Roll Bowl is a family friendly dinner option that will have everyone getting their veggies!
Need to use up those strawberries?? Make this Instant Pot Strawberry Jelly you can enjoy so many ways!
Instant Pot Potato Salad will be on your holiday (and summer) menu regularly! Such a great short-cut to homemade potato salad!
Update: This post was updated on and after 5/14/2020. ~Consumer Queen Team