After a long and dark winter, you'll likely be itching to get out in the sunshine and start back on your health and fitness goals. Whether you're seeking to improve your overall health, tone up, or train for an event like a marathon, now is the perfect time to get back in the saddle and get fit. Let's check out 5 simple spring exercises to help you stay fit.
Spring Exercises – 5 Ways to Get Fit This Spring
If you begin your workout routine in the springtime, you’ll start seeing your fitness results before the summer.
Here are five tips that can help you keep up your fitness motivation this spring.
1. Go for a Walk
A brisk walk is a simple way to start getting fit this spring, as well as a way to enjoy the sunshine and get some fresh air. Aim for a brisk 30-minute walk each day, and if you're feeling up to it, increase the distance as you get more comfortable. Start jogging after three months of walking.
If you're looking to take it up a gear, you can include some light stair climbs or hill walks to break it up and get your heart rate going. Don’t forget to invest in sunscreen, comfy running hats, and sunglasses because too much sun is dangerous. Wear breathable clothing on the hottest days. This one is probably the easiest of our spring exercises.
2. Find a Workout Buddy
It's always motivating to work out with a friend or colleague, and having someone to check in with you regularly can help keep you on track. If you can't find someone nearby, why not check out online group fitness classes and get involved? Or, look up a local outdoor fitness class.
Working out with other people of similar fitness levels is a great way to push yourself and give an extra boost to your workouts. Try to find someone reliable, but that isn’t always easy to find. Only one in five adults exercise every single day, and only 1 in 4 meets global fitness standards.
3. Sign up for a Race
If you're looking for an extra fitness challenge this spring, consider signing up for a race or marathon. You don’t have to run the entire time or keep up with anyone, so don’t feel pressured to get in the best shape of your life. Just try to keep a steady pace and rest when necessary.
Finding a race in your local area or even further afield can really get you motivated. You can even make it a team event and include friends, creating some healthy competition to help drive you all to the finish line. It takes at least 3 months to train for a marathon, so start early!
4. Try Something New
Getting bored with your regular fitness routine? Why not try something new? Whether it's rock climbing, yoga, cycling, or even water skiing, getting outside and trying something new can inject some excitement into your fitness routine. It can also help you meet lots of new people.
Not only will this help with motivation, but it will keep your body challenged and encourage you to stay fit and active. You may discover something you never thought you’d like. And even if you don’t end up liking that activity, you still reap the benefit of exercising and socializing.
5. Invest in Some Home Equipment
In some places, spring weather can still be quite cold. If you can only complete your exercises outside, you may miss a few days due to the weather. To prevent this from happening, invest in home fitness equipment. These can include a spin bike, resistance bands, or a jump rope.
Treadmills are one of the best exercise equipment because it trains your entire body. You only need 30 minutes of moderate activity a day to stay healthy, and you can easily get that with a treadmill. Be sure to buy some weights to improve your strength and muscle endurance.
I hope this article has inspired you to get out and get fit this spring. Whether you're a beginner or experienced in exercise, there's something here for everyone. Let us know in the comments below what your favorite spring exercises are and how they help you stay fit!
More Articles on Health and Wellness
- 8 Treadmill Mistakes You Should Stop Now
- Home Care vs. Nursing Home – How to Make a Decision
- Relaxing Self-Care Ideas to Help You Destress
- Support Your Health for Winter
- Take Time This Holiday Season To Maintain Your Heartburn & Digestive Health!
- 10 Workout Tips For Winter
- Women’s Nutrition: 4 Vitamins and Minerals You May Lack
Join Our Facebook Groups
- Consumer Queen Crest Foods Deals
- Consumer Queen Homeland Group
- ConsumerQueen Brown Box Shoppers, Glitches and Free stuff!
- Frugal Living Tips and Tricks That Work
- Easy Slow Cooker Recipes – Dump and Go Crockpot Meals
- Easy Delicious Recipes- Just Like Grandma Used to Make
- Air Fryer Recipes – Easy and Delicious
- Instant Pot Community – Instant Pot for Beginners
- CQ Oklahoma Natural & Organic Support Group
- Consumer Queen Black Friday Deals & Hot Online Deals & Coupon Codes!
- Homesteading for Beginners- Off the Grid, Canning, Gardening & more!
- Explore Oklahoma – Oklahoma Day Trips, Oklahoma Restaurants & Things to Do
- Roaming My Planet Travel Fan Page
- Shop Local Oklahoma