Oh! Yes! Please! Bring on the Cheese! This Cowboy Queso Dip is so easy to make, it’s insane that can possibly taste as good as it does!
Oh! Yes! Please! Bring on the Cheese! This Cowboy Queso Dip is so easy to make, it’s insane that can possibly taste as good as it does! Memorial Day is coming, and it’s one of those get togethers that seems like it is mostly appetizers and grilled meat. Which is amazing for me, because I love delicious appetizers! You know what else that means? That means that since they are your side dishes that they have to be the best, hands down. I could also see this being made in a slow cooker, but it doesn’t last that long in my crowd so keeping it hot has not been an issue for me. Cast iron cookware has long been known for its even cooking and ability to retain heat, so it’s perfect for this recipe.
Just one skillet! How awesome is that?!? Brown your sausage and crumble as you go. Next, add your chicken broth. Allow to reduce for a few minutes. Add your cheese, and mix together with a lazy stir to combine. It will take several minutes for your cheese to melt. When your cheese has fully melted in, add your tomatoes, beans, jalapenos, and cilantro. Gently combine, and it’s ready to serve. Serve with your favorite tortilla trips, or go all out and make some of your own!
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- ½ lb. hot pork sausage
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of chicken broth
- 16 oz. Velveeta, cut into 1” cubes
- ½ c. Shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 (14.5-oz) can Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 diced jalapeños seeds removed
- Browning the sausage in a medium skillet over medium heat. Crumble your sausage as you cook it.
- When the sausage is cooked add in the chicken broth and allow to cook down/reduce for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now add your cheese and stir to combine.
- It should take about 4-5 minutes for all the cheese to melt in.
- Once melted, stir in the tomatoes, beans, jalapeños and cilantro.