Try this Keto Garlic Herb Steak Hobo Dinner for a family weeknight dinner. Cleanup is easy with these foil packs!
Please note: We do not follow a strict Keto diet. I may offer shortcuts and tips for those on a busy schedule.
Keto Garlic Herb Steak Hobo Dinner
If you have been waiting for another Keto friendly main dish, this is just for you! I am excited to share this Keto Garlic Herb Steak Hobo Dinner recipe.
With Christmas parties, family getting together and just finishing up Christmas shopping, afternoons have been so busy!! This recipe fit the bill of something I can prepare and then just pop into the oven, without hanging out standing at the stove-top! Perfect for hectic days I just want to collapse into my sofa while dinner cooks.
The recipe calls for Top sirloin steak, broccoli and cauliflower, onion, asparagus and a few spices and olive oil.
There is some chopping of vegetables and the steak, but the fact they all cook together and there is no standing at the stove-top stirring a saute pan makes it a winner in my book!
Mix the spice, olive oil and vegetables together in a mixing bowl.
One handy tip if you are in a hurry is to have a second, larger mixing bowl on the counter top for all of the waste/trash. It will save several trips to the garbage can and keep your cutting board clean.
After you have your mix together, assemble your foil “Hobo” packs and seal well. I like to line them up on a large cookie tray with a rim like this one here, just in case one of the foil packs leaks out meat juices during cooking.
After they are done cooking, you can actually have each family member serve themselves by just taking a Hobo pack and opening on their plates. This can be served without any side, or with a keto friendly bread recipe like my Broccoli Bacon Cheese Muffins.
If you aren’t following a Keto friendly diet, you have quite a bit of leeway with which side dishes work well with this recipe. I would consider brown rice, or even Homemade Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes!
Print Your Recipe Here:
- 2 lbs sirloin steak, Top sirloin recommended. Cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 c Cauliflower, florets
- 4 c Broccoli, florets
- 1/2 c asparagus, approx 12 spears, cut into bit size pieces
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prep your meat and vegetables. Cut the florets off of the heads of cauliflower and broccoli, and cut the asparagus spears into bite sized pieces. You want to use fresh vegetables and not frozen. Cut the sirloin steak into bite sized pieces as well.
- Place the sirloin steak pieces into a mixing bowl, and add in the rosemary, basil and thyme.
- Mix in salt and pepper to taste, and toss the meat well to incorporate the seasoning.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in the sirloin steak in a single layer, and quickly sear it on all sides. Remove it from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus and onion.
- Pour a tablespoon of olive oil over the vegetables, and add salt and pepper to taste. Mix the vegetables together to coat them all well.
- Place a large sheet of aluminum foil onto a flat surface. Place a handful or two of the vegetables onto the center of the foil.
- Top the vegetables with some of the seared meat. Top with more salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- 10. Fold the two horizontal sides of the aluminum foil up, and roll them closed a few times at the top. Fold in the side of the foil to form a closed packet. This will allow your meal to steam when in the oven. Leave some room for air in the packets, to not roll them too tightly.
- 11. Repeat steps 8-10 with the remaining packets, until you have six packets completed.
- 12. Bake for 15-20 minutes, remove the packets from the oven, open and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 92mg Sodium: 123mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 36g
More Keto-Friendly Posts:
Please note that sugar alcohols from Swerve are not included since most subtract sugar alcohols. Sharing our recipes are encouraged as long as you link back. Please do share screenshots of our recipes.
Copy or pasting full recipe text to websites or social media is prohibited. You may share an excerpt and/or single photo, provided that full and clear credit is given to Consumer Queen with a link back.
All text and images are © copyright of Melissa Garcia of ConsumerQueen.com.
My family started doing Keto in June of 2018. We chose to do Keto because my husband has Ankylosing Spondylitis and my son has horrible Psoriasis.
Products from Amazon.com‹ ›
- Price: $19.99Was: $24.00
- Price: $12.92
- Price: $14.99
- Price: $41.99Was: $46.99
These Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cream Cheese are a great Keto version of the classic cookie you love!
Looking for a great treat for fall? Try my Low Carb Sugar Free Cinnamon Pecans!