We’ve started a new year which is the perfect time to start making healthier eating choices. Making healthy lunches and dinners has always been easy for me but my downfall is snacks! Anyone else with me? I can do great all day but then I get the munchies and it all goes out the window. I grab the most unhealthy thing closest to me.
Don’t let snacking ruin your diet! Now, I’ll say right here that I do not always make healthy eating choices (nor do I want to!) but I would like the majority to be healthy. And if I keep a great variety of healthy snacks on hand it’s easier to grab that instead of a cupcake or a bag of chips. I’ve come up with a list of 10 snacks that won’t pack on the pounds. These are actually some of my favorite things to eat and I almost always have these on hand.
10 Healthy Snacks That Won’t Pack On The Pounds:
- Fresh fruit (one of my favorites and there are so many to choose from!)
- Fresh vegetables (have these washed, cut up and ready to go)
- Lite cheesestick and a dill pickle (pickles have no calories!)
- Greek yogurt cup
- Popcorn (I buy organic kernels and pop with organic, unrefined coconut oil and top with a little salt. So good!)
- Ants on a Log (celery sticks topped with peanut butter ~or almond butter~ and raisins)
- Pretzels and hummus (good with veggies too)
- Handful of unsalted nuts (almonds, walnuts, pistachios, pecans)
- Dried fruits (ex: raisins, apricots, apples)
- Hard boiled eggs (also a GREAT source of protein)
So here’s just a starter list for you. Once you get used to it you can add to it on your own. Pretty soon you’ll find that you’ve got a ton of healthy snack options. And you may actually find yourself preferring these snacks over the unhealthy snacks! Happy snacking!