Yesterday, I made Crispy Baked Chicken with Creamy Avocado Sauce for a quick and easy Sunday lunch. They were a hit with my husband and boys! And I felt really good serving them a healthy, delicious meal! The chicken came out moist and crunchy and the avocado was a great, creamy dipping choice. You could add hot sauce to the avocado dip to add a little bit of spice! If you’re not a fan of avocado these crispy tenders would be just as good with barbecue sauce, ranch, or any other favorite dip!
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado Sauce:
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In 3 individual bowls add the flour, eggs and panko crumbs. Add salt and pepper to the panko.
- Dip the chicken into the flour then dip into the egg then into the panko.
- Place chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20 mins, depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- For the Creamy Avocado Sauce:
- In a food processor or blender add the avocado, lime juice, salt and yogurt and blend until smooth. Slowly drizzle in the water until the dip has reached desired consistency.