Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix is a staple in the kitchen. See my easy recipe here!
If you know your way around the kitchen, you may already make your own seasoning blends.
Or, you may be trying to cook more or just save money. Making your own seasoning blends is totally worth the effort!!
Let me tell you, you may not want to spend $4-5 on a large can of store-bought Ranch Mix after you’ve made your own!
I love making my own ranch since I know exactly what goes into it. There are no long, hard to pronounce preservatives, and chances are, all the spices needed for it are right there in the pantry already.
You may have to purchase a few out of the ordinary spices, linked below. You can find them on Amazon, or in the grocery spice aisle. I’ve linked a few you may not already have on the shelf.
There’s really no actual recipe for this, you just throw everything together in the proper amounts, mix and add to a jar.
I do use a small kitchen funnel when making my spice mixes so it doesn’t go everywhere if I make a double or triple batch.
Storing Your Ranch Mix:
Then, if you make your own Ranch Seasoning Mix, be sure to use a mason jar or sealed container so it keeps for as long as possible. I sometimes write the expiration date of the Buttermilk Powder on the top of the mason jar lid, so that I know when I need to use it up by.
Honestly that’s never been a problem since we love our ranch around here. We use it up before I know it!
The only other note of advice I have for this recipe is to keep it refrigerated! You will notice on the Buttermilk Powder, it says to refrigerate after opening. I did accidentally leave a jar of Homemade Ranch out once, and had to throw it out.
So, label and refrigerate for food safety and best taste! 😉
- CBD Oil vs. Gummies
- Buy 2 Get 3 Victoria’s Secret Mists & Lotions!
- FREE Sample of Nuun Hydration!
- Free Krispy Kreme Doughnut & Coffee for First Responders!
- FREE Taco Bell Doritos Locos Taco Coming!
Finally, This Ranch Seasoning Mix is great in my Cowboy Ranch Cheese-Its Recipe!!
See Your Ranch Seasoning Mix Recipe Here:
- 1/2 cup dry buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix well
- Use small kitchen funnel to pour into pint Mason Jar
- Seal, Label, and write expiration of the Buttermilk Powder on top of jar lid
- Refrigerate after opening
- To use for dips: add 1:1 instead of Store-bought Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix.
- To use for cooking: Use 2-3 Tablespoons of this Homemade Ranch Seasoning in place of 1 packet of Store-bought Ranch.