Try this No Bake Patriotic Berry Cheesecake Dessert for July 4th!
I love looking at patriotic desserts this time of year, and picking out a perfect one to bring to church events or family dinners.
I love the look of this layered frozen dessert, full of the rich flavors of cheesecake!
See the recipe below!
Making This No Bake Patriotic Berry Cheesecake:
If you scroll straight down to this recipe, you may be a little intimidated. Don’t let that be you! Follow along and really the steps to making this wow-factor dessert are not complicated.
First you thaw your Cool Whip… this is a universal rule for any recipe using Cool Whip, it seems. LOL! I hate getting to the point I need my Cool Whip and…yep. Frozen Solid!
A good hack is to just put it on or nearby a warm (not hot!) stove top or surface while dinner or lunch is cooking. That thaws it out quick for me. Don’t let it overheat, however.
After you thaw the cool whip, add your blueberry pie filling and return to the refrigerator.
Aside from the Cool Whip topping layer, there are (3) total flavors of cheesecake here.
You may notice you have to freeze the dessert between layers instead of refrigerate. This is up to you- your layers will look best if they can be solid or firm to the touch before you spread the next layer on top.
Working with your three bowls of cheesecake filling, add your next layer on and back into the freezer it goes. You can just refrigerate the layers until chilled, and let the layers mix into each other a little bit, if that’s more your style.
I do recommend freezing the dessert between adding your layers…even if you are OK with the layers being a little soft, they chill down faster in the freezer.
It’s an easy dessert to have going while you’re prepping other foods and in the kitchen, but don’t want to devote your full attention to the dessert.
Here is the cheesecake pictured from the side, with all layers in place. It’s so bright and colorful!
If you do decide to keep it in the freezer until ready, just take it out and warm up a knife to divide into squares, or let it thaw on the counter for a few minutes so it’s not frozen solid.
I love how the natural flavors of the berries lend to the cream cheese and yogurt in this recipe. Hope you enjoy!
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP! Don’t forget to PIN this recipe to Pinterest. You can follow us on Pinterest too. If you have good photography and want your recipe featured here please email us at [email protected]
- 2 sleeves Graham crackers
- 2 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 5 8-oz Cream cheese, (5 packages), softened
- 3 6-ounce Vanilla yogurt, (3 containers)
- 1 3-ounce Raspberry or strawberry yogurt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3.5 ounce Raspberry Jell-o, (1 small package, instant)
- 3.5 ounce Berry Blue Jell-o, (1 small package, instant)
- 16 ounce Cool Whip, Thawed
- 1 can Blueberry Pie Filling, Preferred brand, 15-18 oz
- 8 oz Raspberries, fresh (1 small pack)
- 8 oz Blueberries, fresh (1 small pack)
- 4 oz White Chocolate, Baking bar/ for chocolate curls (optional)
- Thaw Cool Whip, mix 1 can of blueberry pie filling and refrigerate while the you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Crush the 2 sleeves of Graham crackers in a blender or food processor. Add 1 Tablespoon of sugar, and the 2 Tablespoons of melted butter, and mix until well blended.
- Butter the bottom of a 9 X 13 dish, and pour the crumbs into the dish. Press evenly. Place prepared dish in the freezer.
- Rinse and drain the Raspberries and Blueberries, set aside.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, blend softened cream cheese, and three containers of vanilla yogurt until smooth, then add the powdered sugar, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly in thirds, Using two small additional mixing bowls.
- Bowl 1- reserve cream cheese mixture for bottom layer.
- Bowl 2- Blend package of Raspberry Jello Mix and raspberry yogurt into the cheesecake mixture. Add raspberries if desired.
- Bowl 3- Blend Berry Blue Jello Mix into cheesecake mixture. Add blueberries if desired.
- Assemble Cake:
- Layer 1: Spread vanilla cheesecake mixture over graham cracker layer, freeze until firm.
- Layer 2: Spread raspberry mixture over vanilla layer, freeze until firm, or approximately 1.5 hours.
- Layer 3: Spread blueberry mixture and return to freezer until firm.
- Topping: Spread Cool Whip/Blueberry pie filling mixture gently over top of cake. Add white chocolate curls if desired. Top with fresh blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries. Return to freezer until firm, refrigerate until ready to serve.
NOTE: You can layer this dessert in any color order you like; if you'd like the red or blue layer first instead of the white layer, just follow the instructions to freeze between layers, and place the blueberry/cool whip layer on top of the last layer, and follow with white chocolate curls, raspberries and blueberries.
[amazon_link asins=’B07794QZKC,B07C4MGL8N,B07PX14CLY,B00DK261LM,B00005UP2P,B001CH0ZLE,B00QUGZHSI,B018G4AL32,B00M2JVTZ2′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’stealsandde08-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’109aae6f-f2be-4671-ae3e-1dd9dfc8562f’]