This Crock-Pot Meatloaf Recipe is going to need it's own spot on your menu rotation for fall! So family friendly!
Crock-Pot Meatloaf Recipe
This Crock-Pot meatloaf is one for your recipe book! It seems everyone I know has a different meatloaf recipe. Well, all I want is a simple meatloaf! A simply delicious meatloaf in my slow cooker? Yes, Please!
Meatloaf is generally kid-friendly, and fills up the bigger kids ( 😉 ) as well. You can pair it with a low carb side dish to make this a little easier to fit in your diet. Or go for the comfort food and serve with a great pan of
Just a side note about slow cookers (aka, Crock-Pots): it's just about the most relied upon small appliance in my kitchen! If you don't have a good one or need ideas, you can find the Crock Pot brand on Amazon, or check out these gorgeous Pioneer Woman slow cookers!
Crock Pot Meatloaf- Easy Main Dish!
Nothing seems to taste as good as what my Mom made back in the day, and I don't think I'll ever find one that does. Somehow, our surroundings change the way things taste to us.
If you're looking to get as close to Mom's meatloaf as you can, then this recipe is for you! Just don't forget the ketchup!
This recipe works with just about any slow cooker, or even an Instant Pot set to the slow cooker setting. If your slow cooker tends to run hot, be sure to check about half way through the cooking time to ensure the bottom isn't close to burning. You can add a little beef broth or water to the bottom of the slow cooker to avoid this. I add only a couple tablespoons, so the meatloaf doesn't absorb the water.
Keep in mind, if you use a very lean ground beef you will probably need to add a little water to the bottom of the slow cooker, and add plenty of non-stick spray. In general I try to stick with 80/20 or at least 93/7 ground beef for meatloaf. It does need that fat content to stick together.
If you have an instant pot, gently set your meatloaf on the trivet so all the grease drains below. Easy peasy! This will also help it avoid risking any burning on the bottom of the pan.
Print Your Recipe Below!
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 2 c. Oats
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 c Onion, diced
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1 c. Ketchup
- Spray the inside of your crock pot with cooking spray.
- Using your hands, mix all ingredients together in a bowl then place the mixture in your crock pot. Make a large meatloaf shape and make a groove down the top-middle of your meatloaf. Spread as little or as much extra ketchup on the top as you'd like.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until meat is cooked through
Pair this recipe with side dishes below:
More Delicious Soups:
- Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup
- Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Green Chile Pork Posole
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Slow Cooker Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
- Taco Soup Recipe in Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup
- Crock Pot Cabbage Soup
- Hurst’s 15 Bean Soup for Instant Pot!
- Slow Cooker Corn Chowder Recipe