Some days my sweet tooth gets the better of me, and since today is Jan 17, and that means it's national Ditch Your New Year's Resolution Day; surely that calls for a cookie as most of us resolved to live healthier this year! What better way to celebrate this monumental made up day than with a not so simple cookie. This delicious Chewy Peanut Butter Toffee Cookie is sure to make ditching your resolution for a day worth it! I'm not talking about sitting down and binge eating a bowl of cookie dough, just a single cookie (or two, well lets be real, they're delicious so maybe three!)
It's not hard to tell what really takes this cookie from the basic peanut butter that we all know, remember the fork marks, that we learned to make with our moms to the extraordinary cookie that this one is. It's the yummy toffee coating! Dipping it in melted toffee, and then, before it hardens punching it up again with salty peanuts! it's just OH-MY-WOW! I absolutely love the flavor combinations of this Chewy Peanut Butter Toffee Cookie! Try this one out, and tell me how it turned out for you.
Here are a few fun kitchen gadgets to make baking cookies easier:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup toffee chocolate melting wafers
- 1/2 cup of diced peanuts
- Using a medium sized bowl or a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Add your butter and sugars together and beat until creamy
- Add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Incorporate until well combined.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl and lightly mix.
- Add to the butter mixture and the flour mixture all at once and mix until just incorporated.
- Scoop dough onto parchment lined baking sheet using a regular sized cookie scoop.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool slightly on the tray before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Melt your toffee melting wafers as directed.
- Place your diced peanuts in a separate bowl.
- Take your cookie and dip int he toffee and then the peanuts and place to the side to harden
- Continue the steps until all cookies are coated
- Let sit till hardened
Check out some of our other Dessert recipes:
These Peanut Butter Pinwheels Candies are good enough to settle any sweet tooth cravings. They are perfect for gift giving or for any Holiday parties. Make a batch and make someone smile!
More Holiday Favorites
- Eggnog Cake Recipe Bundt Cake
- Savory Oyster Cracker Recipe
- Candy Cane Kisses Puppy Chow
- Instant Pot Hot Chocolate Recipe- Tuxedo
- Easy Peppermint Pretzel Bites
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – Cake Mix Cookies
- Candy Cane Cookies Recipe
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies: With Cake Mix!
- Festive Cranberry Orange Chex Mix Recipe
- Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookie Recipe
- Buckeye Candies