Are you looking for a way to plump your lips without spending a fortune on expensive products? If so, then this blog post is for you! We'll show you how to make your own lip plumper using essential oils. Get ready to have the soft, plush and full lips of your dreams after making our lip plumper recipe!
Some people are born with naturally plump lips, I, unfortunately, was not. So when I found out how to make my own lip plumper for my thin lips I was quite excited! It's crazy simple and only requires 2 things: lip gloss (in a lip gloss tube with a wand-the opening needs to be big enough to add just a small amount of essential oils) and Peppermint essential oil.
Simply put 2 or 3 drops of Peppermint essential oil into your tube of lipgloss, mix well and apply as usual! It would be smart to start with 2 drop then add another if you feel like you need it. I love the tingly sensation and fresh feeling! I've purchased lip plumper in the past, some worked and some didn't, but I would so much rather use my essential oils than the chemicals in the store-bought stuff!
You could also make your own lip balm or gloss for fuller lips with olive oil, coconut oil, mango butter and beeswax. Adding the peppermint oil or other essential oil are the key ingredients that are going to increase blood flow for plumper lips. You can also find DIY recipes with Vitamin E oil, cocoa butter or shea butter, find one you think you will enjoy. When you make one of the DIY lip plumper recipes you know you have natural ingredients and you aren't adding anything harmful to your skin.
These would also make fabulous gifts! Instead of lipgloss tubes purchase empty cosmetic containers like THIS or even a small jar. Squeeze your lipgloss into a small bowl, add 2 to 3 drops of Peppermint essential oil and mix well. Then you'll just separate into the cosmetic containers, wrap with a pretty bow and you have the perfect gift! (If you want to make your own with coconut oil you will need a double boiler and your containers of choice) You can use a different recipe for a lip balm and pour the melted, liquid form into a lip balm container to set up.
Lip glosses and commercial lip plumpers can be expensive aside from having potentially harmful ingredients. So many people have allergic reactions to cosmetics, and often it is hard to pinpoint the single ingredient that is harmful for your sensitive skin. Using natural ingredients like essential oils in your lip plumper recipe is going to mean you control what you put in and can hopefully avoid a bad reaction.
Try a DIY lip scrub made with brown sugar at night to remove dead skin cells and apply homemade lip balm at night before bed to keep from getting dry lips in the winter or after being out in the sun during the summer.
If you want to change it up a bit you could use a dew drops of Cinnamon oil instead of the Peppermint. That would be a great flavor for fall and winter!
FAQs for DIY Lip Plumper with Peppermint Essential Oil:
- Is it safe to use peppermint essential oil on my lips? Yes, peppermint essential oil is generally safe for topical use, but it's essential to dilute it properly to avoid irritation. Always perform a patch test before applying it to your lips.
- How do I make a DIY lip plumper with peppermint oil? Simply add a drop or two of peppermint essential oil to your favorite lip gloss or balm. Mix well before applying to ensure even distribution.
- Will peppermint oil really plump my lips? Peppermint oil is known for its cooling and stimulating properties, which can temporarily enhance blood flow to the lips, creating a plumping effect. Results may vary depending on individual sensitivity.
- How often can I use a DIY lip plumper with peppermint oil? It's best to use it sparingly, especially if you have sensitive skin. Start with occasional use and monitor your skin's reaction. Discontinue use if you experience any discomfort or irritation.
- Can I use any lip gloss with peppermint oil for this DIY? Yes, you can add peppermint oil to any lip gloss or balm. However, opt for a clear or lightly tinted formula to ensure the peppermint oil doesn't alter the color.
- Are there any precautions I should take when using peppermint oil on my lips? Avoid applying peppermint oil to broken or irritated skin, as it may cause a stinging sensation. Additionally, be cautious not to ingest the lip gloss or balm with peppermint oil, as it can be irritating to the digestive tract.
- How long will the plumping effect last? The plumping effect of peppermint oil is temporary and may last for a few hours. Reapply the DIY lip plumper as needed throughout the day for sustained results.
Are you ready to find a natural way to get luscious lips without the harmful active ingredients in some store bought varieties? Try our lip plumper recipe and let us know what you think! Can you see a difference in your natural lip? Is it noticeably plumper to you? Leave a comment and let us know your favorite essential oil to use in this easy recipe or your favorite lip gloss to combine it with. We love to try new combos to mix up this simple recipe.
Check Out More of Our Natural Homemade Products
- Homemade Non Toxic Laundry Detergent
- Instant Pot Elderberry Syrup Recipe
- Homemade Dishwashing Detergent
- Toothpaste Hack for Bathroom Organization: Keep it Neat and Clean
- Homemade Laundry Scent Boosters
- 10 Ways To Clean With Baking Soda
- Homemade Face Mask Sprays
- Homemade Bathtub Cleaner
- DIY Car Air Freshener
- Make Your Own Streak Free Glass Cleaner
- 5 Easy Homemade Household Cleaners
- DIY Cleaning Wipes
- DIY Dry Shampoo With Essential Oils
Join Our Facebook Groups
- Consumer Queen Crest Foods Deals
- Consumer Queen Homeland Group
- ConsumerQueen Brown Box Shoppers, Glitches and Free stuff!
- Frugal Living Tips and Tricks That Work
- Easy Slow Cooker Recipes – Dump and Go Crockpot Meals
- Easy Delicious Recipes- Just Like Grandma Used to Make
- Air Fryer Recipes – Easy and Delicious
- Instant Pot Community – Instant Pot for Beginners
- CQ Oklahoma Natural & Organic Support Group
- Consumer Queen Black Friday Deals & Hot Online Deals & Coupon Codes!
- Homesteading for Beginners- Off the Grid, Canning, Gardening & more!
- Explore Oklahoma – Oklahoma Day Trips, Oklahoma Restaurants & Things to Do
- Roaming My Planet Travel Fan Page
- Shop Local Oklahoma