NAKANO® Rice Vinegar is my secret ingredient for authentic tasting “Asian” dishes. It seems every time I make something new with it my friends beg for the recipe! Everyone knows marinading gives you some of the most tender meat, but what if I told you you could have tender chicken in 10 minutes? No 4-8 hour marinades! Swapping out my regular dressings and marinades for this fresh and did I mention low calorie alternative is one of the best things I’ve done. This meal is one of my favorites, and as a bonus it also uses honey so this recipe is free of processed sugars too. Which is definitely a plus as I’m starting this new year and trying my hardest to make healthy food choices. These Sticky Ginger Drumsticks are tender, falling off the bone, juicy, sweet and tangy, finger lickin’ sticky chicken!
Here are the one’s I’ve used the most, but I think there are about 6 or 7 varieties with at least 2 organic options. Oh, and the Natural variety has NO SODIUM! So if you’re watching your salt intake this one is perfect for you! They’re just such a great addition, and so easy to reach for instead of the heavy calorie packed bottles I’ve been indulging in during the holidays! Seriously, I can swap out my high-fat dressings, marinades, oils or butter and trim down a few calories. It’s something I can do it now. No special diets, No meal plans. Just swap the new for the old. I love it! It’s the small changes that get big results. I keep telling myself, “If I want to be healthy; it’s got to be a whole lifestyle.” I even checked out a few stores, and found them at Kroger, Publix, and Walmart so they’re easy to find pretty much everywhere!
Check out their Facebook page HERE
Follow them on Twitter HERE
See their latest recipe ideas on Pinterest HERE
I can can literally put these Sticky Ginger Drumsticks together in less than 10 minutes, push start, let my pressure cooker do the work. A few minutes under the broiler and Viola! My main dish is done! The contrast of honey and vinegar along with the soy sauce with fresh ginger is amazing! My 6qt pressure cooker is perfect for 8 drumsticks down in the sauce. Push the main meat portion down into the sauce. Your chicken won’t be completely submerged. That’s no problem, just get the meaty portion down in the vinegar mixture. Don’t worry the pressure cooker will make sure the meat is infused with all those great flavors. You can also consider doubling the sauce and standing them on end to make twice as many because they are just that good!
Now to make them! Make sure your seal is in the lid, your lid is locked, and your valves is in the sealing/pressure position. It will take a few minutes for your cooker to come to pressure. Your timer will now start counting down. Make sure to turn OFF your keep warm setting this will allow Natural Release. Wait 5 minutes after your timer ends and turn on your saute function. This will start your sauce reducing.
Next, your chicken goes under the broiler. About 5 minutes on each side. After turning your chicken, combine 2 Tbsp cornstarch and a Tbsp or so of water. Start adding the cornstarch and water mixture into your sauce just a little at a time while stirring, and your sauce will thicken up nicely in just a couple minutes! Allow sauce to slightly cool while transferring chicken to a plate. Drizzle sauce over chicken and enjoy!
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
More recipes below!
Easy Asian Instant Pot Recipe
- 8 chicken drumsticks skin on
- Sauce Ingredients
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar Nanako brand
- 2 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 onion diced
- Reserve the following to thicken sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- In a bowl, mix the sauce ingredients: water, soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, and onion until combined
- Pour sauce in the instant pot
- Add drumsticks and push them down so they are submerged in the sauce bone end sticking up (they won't be be completely covered in the sauce)
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes (MANUAL 10 MINUTES)
- Wait 5 minutes before releasing the steam after cooking time is completed (Natural Pressure Release 5 min NPR)
- Release the steam and hit the saute button so the sauce boils and starts reducing
- Remove the drumsticks and place them on a cookie sheet lined with foil or parchment paper
- Broil the chicken drumsticks for 5 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, stir or whisk the sauce in the instant pot so it keeps reducing. During the final 2 minutes of broiling your chicken- Combine 2 Tbsp cornstarch and 1 tsp water. Add this mixture just a little at a time and start stirring continuously and your sauce will thicken quickly.
- Remove chicken from the oven and place the chicken drumsticks on a platter. Pour sauce over and serve.
Check out our post on How to Your Instant Pot for Beginners.
How to make Instant Pot Mac and Cheese so easy and delicious.
This Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe is so easy to make with hardly any clean up, that you will never want to make it on the stove top again.