Try my Chex Mix In The Crock Pot for an easy snack you can make ahead!
Coming up with something to bring to a summer BBQ get together, a Christmas party or a Church potluck can sometimes be difficult. I usually do not have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen so the easier the recipe, the better! I am always trying to come up with a way to make just about anything in the Crock-Pot because it is just so convenient and does not take up too much of my time (all you busy moms out there know what I’m talking about!). So, I decided to take the general recipe from the Chex Mix website and formulate it to be made in the crock pot!
I hope you will remember this recipe next time you are in a crunch (get it?!?! haha!) and need need something yummy and easy to take to a party! This Chex Mix is full of flavor and crunch and is great for any occasion!
If you are on the hunt for more delicious crock pot recipes then click HERE to see what else we’ve got for you!
Chex Mix In The Crock Pot
Have this delicious fall snack ready to go ahead of time. Travels well and makes plenty for all!
- 3 c. Corn Chex cereal
- 3 c. Rice Chex cereal
- 3 c. Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 c. Mixed Nuts
- 1 c. Pretzels bite sized or sticks
- 1 c. Bagel Chips bite-size or broken larger pieces is fine
- 6 tbsp Butter or Margarine
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. Seasoned Salt
- 3/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- Turn your slow cooker on low.
- Add butter or margarine to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour in the Worcestershire Sauce and allow the butter to melt.
- Add all of the dry ingredients (seasoned salt, onion powder and garlic powder) to the crock pot.
- Mix all of ingredients well.
- Next, add the cereal, nuts, pretzels and bagel chips and mix to combine.
- Cook on low for 2 to 3 hours stirring every 45 minutes.
Like this recipe? See my Pumpkin Patch Trail Mix for something sweet!