READER SUBMITTED RECIPE: This Instant Pot Winter Cold Squash Soup was submitted by reader Julie Bower.
Instant Pot Winter Cold Squash Soup
This soup is called Instant Pot Winter Cold Squash Soup because it has lots of Tumeric and Ginger. It’s a hearty soup that you can enjoy for cold weather, and especially if you are not feeling great due to a cold or those pesky allergies this time of year!
This recipe comes together in a snap in the Instant Pot! See recipe below.
I love any plant based recipe. If you are trying to watch calories and salt, one thing that is probably NOT on your daily menu is a meat dish. This soup is great since it has hearty squash and garlic and you won’t miss not having a meat for your main dish. You can also make it your own by adding other veggies you have in the fridge.
Carrots, celery and even small diced potatoes won’t change this soup much at all. So clean out the fridge and pantry with this recipe!!
I ended up actually adding some frozen veggies including zucchini and peppers, along with carrots from the fridge and the vegetables the soup calls for in the recipe. Again, clean out that freezer or fridge and get your serving of vegetables in!
The Instant Pot will cook down your vegetables into this, pictured above. The veggies will be soft but still roughly chopped. At this point, you will need an immersion blender to puree the soup. I honestly do not recommend a hand mixer, since those tend to splatter and this soup will still be super hot! Be safe and do not burn yourself while blending this soup!
You can find a good Immersion Blender here, and although you may not be using it all the time, it does serve a very specific purpose in the kitchen and you will get use out of it. It pureed this soup beautifully. See below!
- 2 quarts Butternut/winter squash , chopped
- 2 T turmeric, ground/dried
- 2/3 c cups ginger, fresh/shredded
- 2 T Mongolian Fire Oil, OR 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 8 oz Vegetable Stock, enough to cover contents
- 6 cloves garlic, or 1 head of garlic. peel cloves and add whole cloves of garlic to soup
- 1 onion
- dash Salt, to taste
- dash Black Pepper, to taste
- Chop all vegetables and add into Instant Pot, mix lightly.
- Add Vegetable Stock and Spices. Vegetable stock must cover vegetables, so add additional water if necessary.
- Set Instant Pot to Manual for 10 minutes.
- Release Instant Pot Pressure by Natural Pressure Release, but Manual Pressure Release is Optional.
- Puree with Immersion Blender, Until close to smooth.
- Thin with additional water if needed, in 1 TBSP increments.
- Enjoy while hot
This soup has some real kick, from the ginger, hot Mongolian Fire Oil, and garlic. That zip is great for when you are hungry but just not feeling up to a full meal and need something for a good pick me up! Enjoy!
More Instant Pot Accessories:
- Accessory Bundle Compatible with 5,6 and 8 Qt Instant Pots
- 9-in Tempered Glass Lid
- Stackable Egg Steamer Trivet Compatible with 5,6 and 8 Qt Instant Pots
- Springform Pan Compatible with 6 and 8 Qt Instant Pots
- 3-in-1 Steamer Basket
- Trivet with Heat Resistant Handles
- Bundt Pan and Cheesecake Pan Combo with Trivet/Handles
Want to submit a recipe to be featured? Here are some tips on how to get featured.
- Try to use good lighting, we know it won’t be perfect but taking your photo out side on a solid back drop helps. Wood looks amazing by the way.
- Using a solid white plate can help your recipe pop.
- Take several different shots. Including a few step by step photos or one of all the ingredients together or even if you are doing a dessert such a cheesecake trying also taking a photo of a slice by itself.
- Email your photos and complete recipe including directions and ingredients to: [email protected] (not all recipes submitted will be featured)
JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
Check out some of our Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker Recipes below:
Check out our post on How to Your Instant Pot for Beginners.
How to make Instant Pot Mac and Cheese so easy and delicious.
This Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe is so easy to make with hardly any clean up, that you will never want to make it on the stove top again.