Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Recipe- Perfect for a weeknight!
Beef Stroganoff is just one of those foods that is great any time of year, and just says “comfort food” at it’s best. Whether it’s a rainy day, busy night after kids’ practices, or a lazy weekend dinner, this dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
I love that you can make it all in the Instant Pot, without using up several dishes. It can cook while you’re busy in the afternoon, and it smells amazing!
You can use a Flank Steak or London Broil for this recipe, but just take a look at whatever beef is on sale at your supermarket. I also like fajita cuts, since they break down easily and aren’t too chewy. Probably the only beef cuts I would not prefer for this dish is stew meat, since it takes way too long for those bites to soften. You don’t want super tough bits of beef in this dish.
Frugal tip: If you can’t afford a great cut of beef, remember you can always buy cheaper steaks and put them in a plastic bag on the counter, and pound out to around 2/3 thickness with a meat tenderizer before cooking. Slice them in to 1″ strips (if you buy beef not already sliced). Be sure not to overly tenderize for this dish.
After you saute and cook your beef, remove the meat and throw in your mushrooms and onions. This is really where the flavor comes in.
Stir around your veggies to keep them from scorching, and de-glaze the bottom of the pan a couple times with water or a few splashes of beef broth. It will steam up, so be cautious.
After you are done with the veggies, throw all the ingredients back in (aside from the pasta) and set the Instant Pot.
Finally, add in your pasta and cook until noodles are tender. Stir and serve in bowls. You can pair this dish with a side salad, or biscuits or rolls. It is so kid friendly and makes great leftovers too! Check out the recipe below!
This recipe is an Instant Pot spin on a family classic. Make it during the week for an easy meal solution! It's such a great comfort food!
- 2 to 3 pounds Steak Flank Steak, or London Broil, Cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 8 ounces Mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 3 cups Beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ouces Egg noodles
- 1 cup Sour Cream Optional: Light
- Set pressure cooker to saute and heat until “hot.” Add olive oil and sliced steak in small batches to brown on both sides. Salt and pepper the meat as it cooks according to your preference. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place onion and mushrooms into the pressure cooker. Add garlic powder, salt (if desired) and pepper (if desired). Cook until tender.
- Mix beef broth, red wine vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour into pressure cooker and scrape the bottom with a flat edge spoon.
- Add steak back to pressure cooker.
- Close and set the valve to sealing. Set the pressure cooker to manual or pressure cook for 12 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
- Add the egg noodles, submerging them under the meat. Reset the lid and sealing valve. Cook for an additional 5 minutes on high pressure. Quick release the pressure and check the noodles. If the noodles on top are not completely cooked, shove them to the bottom and reset the pressure cooker for another 2 minutes.
- When completely done, stir in sour cream. Garnish as desired and serve.
Cooking time is reflected with added time included for the Instant Pot to come to pressure.
More Instant Pot Accessories:
- Accessory Bundle Compatible with 5,6 and 8 Qt Instant Pots
- 9-in Tempered Glass Lid
- Stackable Egg Steamer Trivet Compatible with 5,6 and 8 Qt Instant Pots
- Springform Pan Compatible with 6 and 8 Qt Instant Pots
- 3-in-1 Steamer Basket
- Trivet with Heat Resistant Handles
- Bundt Pan and Cheesecake Pan Combo with Trivet/Handles
Want to submit a recipe to be featured? Here are some tips on how to get featured.
- Try to use good lighting, we know it won’t be perfect but taking your photo out side on a solid back drop helps. Wood looks amazing by the way.
- Using a solid white plate can help your recipe pop.
- Take several different shots. Including a few step by step photos or one of all the ingredients together or even if you are doing a dessert such a cheesecake trying also taking a photo of a slice by itself.
- Email your photos and complete recipe including directions and ingredients to: [email protected] (not all recipes submitted will be featured)
JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
Check out some of our Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker Recipes below:
Check out our post on How to Your Instant Pot for Beginners.
How to make Instant Pot Mac and Cheese so easy and delicious.
This Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe is so easy to make with hardly any clean up, that you will never want to make it on the stove top again.