This Slow Cooker Corn Chowder is one of my family’s favorite fall and winter recipes. It’s great for when you’re wanting a hearty dinner on a cold day, but just aren’t feeling like traditional chili or soup! Check out the recipe below.
Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
Looking for a hearty comfort food but don’t want to heat up that kitchen? Take a look at this wonderful Slow Cooker Corn Chowder. This recipe is one you can make in the slow cooker for a busy weeknight, and really it’s versatile enough to work for warm or cold weather. I like that it has a southwest flair, since we often garnish foods with things like corn, beans, tomatoes, avocado, and red onion.
This dish is filling enough for a weeknight dinner, but can also work as a nice hot soup for a weekend lunch along with a sandwich or salad!
Meatless and GF Options:
The actual soup is a meatless dish but does call for chicken broth and bacon. It can easily be made entirely meat free by substituting the broth for vegetable broth and skipping the bacon. If you’re looking for vegan options, this recipe can easily be adapted to that also. You can substitute the cream cheese for a plant-based cream cheese such as Miyoko’s or Daiya. For those trying to limit meat, this is such a nice option since it is such a filling soup. You can also alter/reduce the sodium content of this recipe by using no salt added canned vegetables and beans.
Even if you’re not looking for vegan recipes, this recipe works for a Meatless Monday option if you’re trying to cut down on meat costs or need to limit it for health reasons.
Needing a great gluten free meal? Slow Cooker Corn Chowder may be the recipe to consider! These ingredients are very easily found as gluten free options in stores.
For a side, try tortilla chips, pita bread or even crumble up a taco shell. It is a pretty versatile soup and lends itself to whatever you have in your pantry for a side. That’s my kind of meal! The kids can pair it with a sandwich and adults can have a salad.
I am definitely keep this recipe handy around fall season as well. It is actually very low cost per serving considering we can find canned beans and corn for well under a dollar at most stores, as the weather cools off.
For those busy weeks of school, I also find that having a few slow cooker recipes I can throw together early in the day helps out immensely with not running through the drive through. You’ll find that this is one of the best and easiest ways to save a few dollars!
I hope you enjoy this Slow Cooker Corn Chowder and can add it to your recipe selection.
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans or 3 cups fresh corn
- 2 cans or 3 cups cooked black beans, rinsed and
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh lime juice
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Place the bacon, onions and garlic in a skillet over high heat and cook until the onions are translucent. If you have a multi-function cooker, you can add to the pot and choose saute setting.
- Remove the bacon and set aside. Drain any additional grease.
- Add the corn, black beans, spices and chicken broth to slow cooker. Reserve 1/4 cup of corn and beans for garnish
- Cook on low heat for 4 hours, or high heat for 2-1/2 hours.
- Remove lid and blend well. You can use an immersion blender if you want your chowder to havec a smooth, uniform consistency.
- Add the cream cheese and cook another 20 minutes as it dissolves.
Adjust the seasoning, adding more spices, salt pepper, and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Serve with the bacon crumbled on top, along with cilantro.
- Heat up reserved corn and black beans together in a microwave safe bowl until hot. Garnish your corn chowder with these along with any other additions you choose.
You can add additional veggies such as avocado, halved cherry tomatoes, or sliced onions to the top.
Tortilla chips or tortilla strips, sour cream, and cheese are all great toppings. Add hot sauce for an extra kick!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 488Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 827mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 19gSugar: 10gProtein: 25g
See more from Consumer Queen Here:
Cottontail Marketplace – The Queen’s New Business – Handmade Crafts & More
Consumer Queen Crest Foods Deals (Oklahoma Only)
Consumer Queen Homeland Group (Oklahoma Only)
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker
- 3 Pc Buffet Server
- Slow Cooker Liners
- Slow Cooker Seasoning Mixes
- Standing Soup Ladle
- Top Dollar General Deals This Week!
- Jif Peanut Butter Recall
- 2 FREE 5×7 Photo Prints at CVS!
- PocketBac 5 Pack Hand Sanitizers ONLY $5 or $1 Each at Bath & Body Works + MORE!
- Fathers Day Gift Ideas: Celebrate Dad
Birthday Freebies and Restaurant Deals
Did you know there are a ton of coupons and deals that you can score every year on your birthday? Check out the Consumer Queen Birthday Freebies Roundup that we have put together. Also if you love Restaurant Deals, Princess Rebekah posts a new list every Friday so make sure you are checking our blog and our Hot Deals group so you don’t miss those.