Prepare to tantalize your taste buds with the irresistible aroma and flavors of Blueberry Banana Coffee Cake. This delectable treat seamlessly combines the sweetness of ripe bananas with bursts of juicy blueberries, nestled within a moist and tender cake base. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or any time you crave a comforting slice of homemade goodness, this coffee cake promises to delight with every bite. Whether enjoyed with a steaming cup of coffee or shared with loved ones, this delightful creation is sure to become a cherished favorite in your baking repertoire.
Sometimes I just get in the mood to bake! It hit me the other day. I was craving something yummy, warm and crumbly! I looked around my kitchen and found a few bananas that needed to be used and a handful of blueberries that were in the freezer. I decided to make this Blueberry Banana Coffee Cake.
My whole family loved it! It works wonderful breakfast or brunch but I actually made it for dinner. We were having breakfast for dinner, a family favorite! It was one of those crazy nights were I basically gave my husband a kiss in passing as he was coming home and I was leaving. He actually sent me a text message to let me know that he loved the Blueberry Banana Coffee Cake. He's never done that before so it must have been good!
This Blueberry Banana Coffee Cake is just simply fabulous any time for the day! Enjoy!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour (set aside ¼ cup of this to toss with the blueberries)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup milk or buttermilk
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ flour
- ¼ cup nuts, pecans or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cream butter with lemon and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, banana and vanilla and beat until combined. Meanwhile, toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour ( this will keep them from sinking to the bottom) then mix in the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
- Alternate adding the flour and milk. Fold in the blueberries.
- Prepare the topping. Place the butter, sugar and flour in a bowl and use 2 butter knifes to cut the butter until it's in small pieces. Add nuts and mix all together.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan (or something similar) with butter or coat with non-stick spray. Spread batter into pan. Sprinkle batter with topping. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Check with a toothpick for doneness. If necessary, return pan to oven for a couple of more minutes.Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Can I use frozen blueberries instead of fresh? Yes, you can use frozen blueberries. However, be sure to thaw and drain them thoroughly before adding them to the batter to prevent excess moisture.
- Can I make this cake ahead of time? Absolutely! Blueberry Banana Coffee Cake can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days. You can also freeze it for longer storage.
- Can I omit the bananas if I don't have any? While the bananas add moisture and flavor to the cake, you can omit them if necessary. You may want to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe to compensate for the missing bananas.
- Can I use a different type of fruit instead of blueberries? Yes, you can substitute the blueberries with other fruits such as raspberries, strawberries, or even diced apples. Just be mindful of any adjustments needed based on the fruit's moisture content.
- How should I store leftovers? Store any leftover Blueberry Banana Coffee Cake in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. Keep it at room temperature for short-term storage or in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
- Can I make this cake gluten-free? Yes, you can make Blueberry Banana Coffee Cake gluten-free by using a gluten-free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour. Be sure to check that all other ingredients are also gluten-free.
- Can I add nuts or streusel topping to this cake? Absolutely! Chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans can add a delightful crunch, and a streusel topping can provide extra sweetness and texture. Sprinkle them on top of the batter before baking for added flavor and appeal.
- Can I use yogurt instead of sour cream? Yes, plain Greek yogurt can be used as a substitute for sour cream in this recipe. It will provide a similar moisture and tanginess to the cake.
Indulge in the delightful flavors and comforting warmth of Blueberry Banana Coffee Cake, a true testament to homemade goodness. With its moist cake crumb, bursts of juicy blueberries, and sweet banana essence, every bite is a symphony of flavor that brings joy to any moment. Whether savored as a morning treat, afternoon snack, or dessert after dinner, this coffee cake is bound to leave a lasting impression. So, grab a slice, savor the moment, and revel in the simple pleasures of homemade baking.
Check out These Delicious Breads:
- Sweet Cornbread Muffins Recipe
- Homemade Jalapeno Cornbread Recipe from Scratch
- Basic Homemade Bread Mix for Breadmakers
- Homemade Yeast Rolls Recipe
- Maple Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- How to Keep Your Bread Fresh Longer
- Easiest Focaccia Bread Ever
Join Our Facebook Groups
- Consumer Queen Crest Foods Deals
- Consumer Queen Homeland Group
- ConsumerQueen Brown Box Shoppers, Glitches and Free stuff!
- Frugal Living Tips and Tricks That Work
- Easy Slow Cooker Recipes – Dump and Go Crockpot Meals
- Easy Delicious Recipes- Just Like Grandma Used to Make
- Air Fryer Recipes – Easy and Delicious
- Instant Pot Community – Instant Pot for Beginners
- CQ Oklahoma Natural & Organic Support Group
- Consumer Queen Black Friday Deals & Hot Online Deals & Coupon Codes!
- Homesteading for Beginners- Off the Grid, Canning, Gardening & more!
- Explore Oklahoma – Oklahoma Day Trips, Oklahoma Restaurants & Things to Do
- Roaming My Planet Travel Fan Page
- Shop Local Oklahoma