Instant Pot Yogurt is an easy way to enjoy your yogurt without having to add it to the grocery list each week! See your recipe below!
Instant Pot Yogurt Recipe
I've had an Instant Pot for quite some time and love all of its features. While we do use our Instant Pot frequently for pressure cooking main dishes, soups, and sides, the Yogurt feature goes unused for the most part.
This recipe was sent in by Leah Vara, and I am so excited to share it for all of you. I'm guessing this homemade might be a new Instant Pot recipe for you like it is for me! Just start it in the morning, and it will be finished and ready to go into the refrigerator in the evening.
I love how this recipe uses ingredients you can find anywhere. You will need Ultra Pasteurized (unflavored or vanilla) coffee creamer, Ultra Pasteurized whole milk, and one larger 5.3 oz size Greek yogurt.
If the yogurt is nearing the expiration date you can still use it. It's going into this Instant Pot Yogurt as one of the ingredients, so if it's a little grainy you won't notice at all.
This recipe is a great way to use up one of those last few store-bought Greek yogurts in the fridge, if they aren't expired yet but just aren't at their freshest. I know some of us are more picky than others with how fresh your yogurt needs to be. I am one of the more picky ones, for sure!
Note about the milk: When using a no-boil yogurt recipe, it's important to use an Ultra Pasteurized milk and creamer. These would include the shelf stable or canned products.
I usually get the Fair Life brand since it's always available at my local grocer and it's not overly expensive. Pictured above is the Kirkland brand which available at Costco and also great. The brand doesn't matter, but be sure NOT to use raw or regular pasteurized milk.
Find shelf stable boxed milk here if you would prefer to shop online.
Put your Instant Pot Yogurt Ingredients Together
Add your three ingredients right into the Instant Pot. This recipe is SO easy. There really isn't much to say about the instructions, since you will probably have it memorized after just a few batches!
Important: One thing to note here is that you do need the Instant Pot with the Yogurt feature. When the Instant Pot first came out, the brand didn't have this feature on its first generation models.
Fast forward a few years to now, and most of us probably have the Yogurt button on our Instant Pot appliances. You probably have the yogurt feature whether you have this specific brand or another brand of electric pressure cooker.
The Instant Pot brand is pictured here. Instant Pot also offers this great glass slow cooker lid can totally use for this recipe.
I have the Ninja Foodi which I use as my primary electric pressure cooker, but it does have the Yogurt button. Make sure before starting this recipe that your pressure cooker DOES have this button.
Otherwise– this recipe won't be one you can make according to these directions, unfortunately.
The Finished Instant Pot Yogurt:
The Instant Pot Yogurt setting will have your fresh yogurt ready in about 8 hours. It's important NOT to stir, even though it's tempting! While it's still hot, it needs to sit un-disturbed.
All you need to do when the Instant Pot beeps is to remove the lid, remove the insert and set it on the counter for a few minutes. After the pot is cool to the touch, cover and put it in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
Leah used a spoon to test the thickness of the Instant Pot Yogurt. If you're using whole Ultra Pasteurized milk as this recipe calls for, it should have a medium thickness and be able to support a spoon. If it's not as thick as you would like, you can put a cheesecloth over a bowl and carefully strain the yogurt. Be sure to use a large cloth so it doesn't fall inside your bowl. Then return your strained yogurt to the serving dish.
If you're using a lower fat milk, keep in mind the Instant Pot Yogurt will be thinner.
This recipe makes about 6-6.5 cups of fresh yogurt. If you prefer a pre-sweetened version, you can substitute the Ultra Pasteurized Coffee Creamer for a can of sweetened condensed milk (see recipe notes).
Flavor with blueberries and oats, strawberries, granola, nuts, or anything you want! I have even enjoyed Rice Krispy Cereal in my vanilla yogurt! We recommend adding fruit and also adding something to give it some crunch.
Leftovers will keep 1-2 weeks in the fridge, covered. Stir before serving. Enjoy!
Print your No Boil Instant Pot Yogurt Recipe Here!
- 2 quarts of Ultra Pasteurized Whole Milk (can be refrigerated or shelf stable)
- 16 oz Vanilla Natural Bliss Ultra Pasteurized Creamer -- OR substitute with (1) 14 oz can of Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Mix your three ingredients together in the Instant Pot and whisk until the Greek Yogurt is incorporated
- Cover with lid and Set on Yogurt setting for 8 hours
- After the Instant Pot Beeps and countdown is completed, remove lid and insert carefully
- Place Instant Pot insert on a towel and do not stir
- After Instant Pot is room temp or cool to touch, leave covered and refrigerate for 4-6 hours. Again, do not stir while yogurt is cooling!
- After Yogurt is set, you can stir and test thickness with a spoon. If you prefer a thicker yogurt, strain with a cheesecloth over a bowl or sink, and return strained yogurt to serving dish.
- Serve with fruit, granola, and desired toppings.
- Leftovers can be covered in the fridge up to two weeks. For best results, eat within a week.
1 can of sweetened condensed milk may be substituted INSTEAD of the ultra pasteurized creamer. Do not use both.
Amount Per Serving Calories 172Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 9mgSodium 44mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 0gSugar 11gProtein 3g
- Queen Elizabeth Pancake Recipe – Drop Scones
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Make Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits at Home with Yoplait Greek 100!
- Pecan Pie Muffins Recipe
- Instant Pot Yogurt Recipe
- Peanut Butter Oat Crunch Cereal Bars
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
- Weight Watchers Veggie Burger Egg Muffins
- Easy Way to Jazz Up a Store-bought Muffin Mix!
- Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Overnight French Toast Bake
- Banana Nut Pancakes
- Disney Insiders | FREE Points Everyday Thru December 31st
- 5 FREE Photo Prints (4×6) at Walgreens – Limited Time!
- How To Get Enough Omega-3s For Those With Nut Allergies?
- CVS Deals | Check Out Our List and Save!
- CVS Photo Deals | 80% Off Canvas Prints & More!
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker
- 3 Pc Buffet Server
- Slow Cooker Liners
- Slow Cooker Seasoning Mixes
- Standing Soup Ladle