This Jalapeno Cornbread recipe goes great with steaming hot bowl of chili or any of your favorite soups. Feel free to pin it on Pinterest or add it to your FREE RECIPE BOX.
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1 (8.25 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 eggs
- 3 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Move your oven rack to the center position in oven and preheat oven to 400.
- Mix buttermilk, cream-style corn, eggs, cornmeal, corn oil, Cheddar cheese, baking soda, jalapeno peppers and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in a 9-inch square baking dish for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour batter into the baking dish on top of the butter
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.