Make this red, white, and blue popcorn for your July 4th and summer festivities! This makes a lot, so reduce the recipe by half if needed. For best results, enjoy this the day its made!
- 24 c popped popcorn
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cups half & half (can use whole milk or 2% but will not be as rich)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 Tablespoons vanilla extract (clear extract will help keep the mixture a little
- Food color in red and royal blue
- 10 ounces white chocolate chips
1. Divide popcorn into two very large bowls for mixing in colored syrup.
2. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, half & half, corn syrup and salt.
3. Insert a candy thermometer into pan. Cook over medium heat until sugar
4. Bring mixture to a low boil, stirring frequently, until temperature reaches
230 degrees (soft ball stage). Be patient, this does take a while, at least 20
minutes. You can also check this by putting a small spoonful into a cup of very
cold water. When ready it will form a soft ball when dropped in.
5. When mixture reaches 230 degrees, stir in vanilla and remove from heat.
6. Divide mixture between two heatproof bowls or measuring cups. Add red
coloring into one bowl and blue into the other. I used ¼ tsp. of each color but you
may decide to use more. The mix will be a bit brown before coloring but the food
color does a wonderful job of overcoming that.
7. Stir each mixture well to incorporate the color into the syrup completely.
8. Working quickly, add one colored syrup to each bowl of popcorn, mixing
well with a large spoon or your hands (mixture will be a bit hot at first, so you may
want to start with a spoon, then move to using your hands if desired. Food gloves
work well for this. If syrup sets up too much, place it in the microwave for 10-15
seconds to re-melt.
9. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
10. Spread each color of popcorn onto a separate parchment covered cookie
sheet and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until crisp.
11. Remove from oven and cool on the cookie sheets.
12. Pour white chocolate into microwave safe measuring cup or bowl. Melt
white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between, until it
13. Using a fork or spoon, drizzle the white chocolate over both pans of
popcorn. Allow to set up well before serving.
You can serve this in a large glass dish as pictured. Seal with plastic wrap if not serving immediately, and be sure to store in a cool place to avoid the chocolate drizzle melting. For best results, serve the day it's made, for the freshest popcorn! onde comprar ivermectina no rio de janeiro
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 44gProtein: 2g