I make these Cornbread Muffins frequently during the winter. They are the perfect compliment to any soup, stew or chili! And my children like to eat them because they think they are cupcakes…shhh don’t tell!!
- 1/4 Cup Butter melted
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 Cup cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a muffin pan.
- In a small bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl combine butter, sugar, and eggs. Whisk in milk.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until everything is combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill each muffin cavity 2/3 full. Bake for 12-14 or until turning golden brown.