I love chicken Fajitas! However, I keep reading it’s important to get more fish into your diet. Our family has just never been seafood lovers. Enter Chili-Lime Salmon! Well, of course the flaky texture of perfectly cooked salmon (Yes, it’s perfectly cooked in 10 minutes!) is not to be confused with chicken, but the bold flavors and crunch of perfectly roasted fresh peppers with a hint of lime offset by the perfect amount of spice from a few red pepper flakes is definitely a winning combination!
This is sweetened with a touch of honey. If you’re looking for a whole30 friendly version feel free to substitute with orange juice.
Don’t forget to reserve about half of your basting mixture to give a final flavor bath to your food when it’s plated! Enjoy!
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- juice of 2 limes or about 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 crushed garlic cloves or 1 heaping Tablespoon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chilli flakes, adjust to your preference of spice
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 salmon fillets, fresh is best
- 1 red bell pepper sliced or chunked
- 1 green bell pepper sliced or chunked
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced or chunked
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced or chunked
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat. Spray a baking sheet tray with cooking oil spray; set aside.
- Whisk lime juice, parsley, olive oil, water, garlic, chilli flakes, cumin, salt and parsley together to combine. Add the honey (or orange juice if substituting for whole30 option) and whisk again until the honey runs smooth through the rest of the ingredients. Divide. Set aside 1/2 of mixture to apply when tray comes out of oven. Arrange the salmon fillets, peppers and onion in a single layer on the prepared baking tray; and apply using basting brush. Coating evenly.
- Broil until the peppers are just beginning to char at the edges (about 10 minutes) and the salmon is cooked to your liking (about 10 minutes). Remove from the oven and serve immediately with lime wedges and remaining marinade for added flavor.
- If you like your peppers a little more well done, plate your salmon and return peppers to oven until finished cooking.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2550 Total Fat: 142g Saturated Fat: 26g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 103g Cholesterol: 574mg Sodium: 3933mg Carbohydrates: 109g Fiber: 12g Sugar: 72g Protein: 210g