As part of my ” Make Ahead Meals” series I am trying to do for my family in order to cut down on time and stress for making meals as well as having the peace of mind of using my own ingredients, I decided to share this Homemade Mozzarella Sticks Recipe with you guys.
Start with your favorite mozzarella cheese sticks. I love the Organic Valley brand. If you’re not a mozzarella fan , go crazy and get cheddar or whatever.
Roll them in your mixture and put them in the pan to cook. These are so easy and I love the fact that there is no butter used.
- 12 sticks of string cheese in your choice of cheese – I used mozzarella
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 5 tbsp of bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese
- A tad of olive oil, or cooking spray
- Cut the cheese sticks in half, making 24 slices, then freeze the slices in the freezer until completely frozen
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Use a separate bowl to combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese
- To bread the cheese sticks: First dip the frozen cheese stick into the flour, then into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture
- Once all of the cheese sticks are coated, place them on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil coated with a few drops of olive oil or sprayed with cooking spray (this helps keep them from sticking)
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 4 minutes, or until crisp. Watch them closely so they don’t melt completely!
- These are so much healthier because they have no butter in them and are baked. Serve with marinara sauce and enjoy! ☺