See this Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup for a cold-day dinner idea!
Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup
I personally think there is nothing better to warm you up on a chilly day then a nice big bowl of hearty soup! It warms up your whole body and just makes you feel happier! This Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup is sure to warm you up and fill you up!
This soup is a hearty and healthy meal where you can dump all the ingredients and go. I've always been told that the more colorful food you eat the better! And gaze your eyes on this soup! It a colorful pallet of tastes, I think it looks like a work of art.
Sure you can buy a can of vegetable soup from the store, but after making this soup there is no comparison. Plus this recipe is so simple. I love using my slow cooker. It basically does all the hard work for me. All I have to do is add all the ingredients and come back a few hours later and dinner magically appears. It's fabulous!
So there are no excuses for not making this Vegetable Soup. It's easy to make and tastes delicious! That nagging question of what to make for dinner just got answered. Enjoy!
Note: I halved the recipe when making it, however you could make a big batch and freeze it as it freezes great!
My Favorite Slow Cooker Products:
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker
- 3 Pc Buffet Server
- Slow Cooker Liners
- Slow Cooker Seasoning Mixes
- Standing Soup Ladle
Print Your Vegetable Soup Recipe Here:
- 2 pounds ground beef or ground turkey
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen Lima beans or 1 (15-ounce) can Lima beans, drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen mixed vegetables or 2 (15-ounce) cans mixed vegetables, drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn off the cob or 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 cups carrots, sliced or 1 (15-ounce) can carrots, drained
- 4 pounds of peeled and diced whole tomatoes or 4 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomatoes and okra (optional)
- 2 cups water
If using ground beef or turkey, cook meat and onions until golden brown.
Add to slow cooker along with all other ingredients.
Cook on low for 4 hours
Ideas for Sides: Serve with Saltines, Cornbread, Cornbread muffins, a salad, or crusty Italian Bread!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 29g
See More from Consumer Queen Here:
- Free JCPenney Take Home Craft for Kids + Extra Savings Coupon
- Restaurant Discounts & Codes | Today, This Weekend & Beyond!
- CVS Deals | Check Out Our List and Save!
- CVS CarePass – FREE Month + $10 Reward!
- Walgreens Deals | Latest Offers & Rewards