Homemade Hot Chocolate is a family favorite here. See how to make this easy Instant Pot Hot Chocolate Recipe for the holidays!
Instant Pot Hot Chocolate Recipe
We love homemade Hot Chocolate. Depending on where you live you might also call it Cocoa or Hot Cocoa. This winter treat brings back great memories for many of us. With this recipe, you can make up a batch for a dessert, movie night, Christmas morning, and more with your Instant Pot!
I love adapting regular homemade recipes to the Instant Pot. For this one, I always used to make warm drinks like Hot Chocolate in the slow cooker. It’s fairly hands off and makes a lot. Perfect for a group of us, whether it’s family or a bunch of teens from our church youth group. It also travels well. The only downside of the slow cooker– well, we know that one. It’s SLOW!
If I wanted to prepare a batch of Hot Chocolate, I would have to think ahead. Sometimes that’s just not feasible during this busy holiday season. And now, with grown kids, sometimes I don’t exactly know our evening plans until closer to the evening. This recipe is the perfect solution since it takes under an hour from start to finish. So if everyone wants Hot Chocolate for a Netflix movie night or Christmas morning brunch– it will be ready in no time! 🙂
Hot Chocolate Recipe Ingredients:
If you’re making this recipe for Christmas, be sure to put these ingredients on your grocery list ahead of time. Any substitutions will definitely change the consistency and flavor of your Hot Chocolate. You will need whole milk, half and half, milk and white chocolate, sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla.
Mix all of your ingredients in the Instant Pot, and mix as well as you can. The dry ingredients do not mix completely at this point.
To better incorporate the mixture, you can also add all of your dry ingredients into a separate bowl first. Blend with a whisk, and then add a little milk at a time, whisking after each addition. After your mixture is liquid, pour into the Instant Pot. It will separate again slightly as it cooks, however.
Serve your Instant Pot Hot Chocolate!
The fun part is serving! Pour into some pretty mugs and top with all of your favorites. Marshmallows, peppermint, additional chocolate and more!
Print your recipe here, and be sure to stick around for more holiday inspiration and recipes! Merry Christmas!
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 3/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup of white chocolate (morsels or baking chocolate, but must not be artificial)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons good quality cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Add all of the ingredients to the instant pot. Mix well and then close your lid. Set
your instant pot on high pressure for 5 minutes.
2. Once your instant pot has finished cooking, allow the pot to naturally release for
3. Once the time is up, manually release by using a hot pad or towel, and pulling
the valve toward you to release pressure. open your lid by twisting off.
4. Give it another good mix and serve up in your favorite mug! Top with whip cream,
marshmallows, chocolate syrup, crushed up peppermint candies, or cocoa
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 8g
Cottontail Marketplace – The Queen’s New Business – Handmade Crafts & More
Consumer Queen Crest Foods Deals (Oklahoma Only)
Consumer Queen Homeland Group (Oklahoma Only)
- CoverGirl Cosmetics as Low as FREE
- 11×14 Photo Poster ONLY $1.99 at Walgreens (Reg. $11.99)
- Newest Deals at Sonic – Don’t Miss!
- FREE One By Poise Liners at Walmart, CVS + Target Deal
- Hand Sanitizer Sprays $2.95 at Bath & Body Works + More!