Instant Pot Alfredo Sauce Recipe – No need for canned Alfredo Sauce!
If you have followed the blog for a while, you know I am always trying new things in my Instant Pot! It’s so versatile, I knew it would work for some delicious – and easy — pasta sauces. Read on for this simple Instant Pot Alfredo Sauce.
So, I don’t know about you but I do not like store-bought Alfredo sauce. There is just something about it. Even the more expensive ones don’t live up to real flavors of butter, garlic and cheese!
This Instant Pot alfredo sauce recipe comes together with Garlic, Spices, Heavy Whipping Cream, and of course Parmesan cheese!
I like the wedge of Parmesan for this, since the shredded is packaged to last longer and as you may already know, it has a coating which can prevent it from achieving a smooth texture as it melts.
First, saute your garlic and butter using the Saute Feature of the Instant Pot. My Instant Pot gets VERY hot, very fast. So this is one you want to stay right there and stir, so your garlic doesn’t scorch.
After your garlic is sauteed to the point it’s slightly translucent, turn off the saute feature.
Then, add whipping cream and spices, and set Instant Pot to 1 minute.
After your Instant Pot is slightly cooler (not sizzling or to where your other ingredients would boil on contact), go ahead and add Parmesan Cheese.
Next, gently whisk until all of the ingredients are incorporated. You can use the Keep Warm setting, whisking every few minutes. Or turn off and let thicken in the Instant Pot.
Need to thin out your sauce? No problem!
I always reserve about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of pasta water from my cooked pasta, just in case my Alfredo sauce thickens up a little too much while we are getting ready to eat.
This doesn’t happen often, but sometimes it can. Just add 1-2 tsp of the pasta water into your Alfredo sauce at a time and gently whisk, while it’s on the Saute setting.
The sauce should thin quickly. Do not leave the Saute Setting on, since it will scorch the sauce on the bottom of the Instant Pot. After sauce is desired thickness be sure to serve immediately.
Leftovers can be refrigerated in sealed container.
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of coarse ground garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of finely minced parsley
- 2 cups of Parmesan cheese - freshly grated
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of flour
- Turn on the 'SAUTE' setting on your Instant Pot, and add the butter and garlic.
- Stir the butter and garlic, and Saute it for a couple of minutes, or just until the garlic really sizzles.
- Turn off the Saute setting, and add the chicken broth, cream, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Stir altogether, and place the lid on the Instant Pot until it beeps and locks.
- Make sure the pressure valve is set to 'SEALING', and press the MANUAL setting, and set the time for 1 minute. Instant Pot will take an additional 8-10 minutes to increase pressure.
- When the Instant Pot is finished cooking, beeps and goes to off, with a pot holder, carefully turn the pressure valve to 'VENTING', and release the pressure.
- When the pressure float valve drops down, and the pressure has all been released, open the lid to the pot, and stir the cream mixture.
- Mix the flour with the Parmesan cheese, and stir well to coat cheese in flour.
- Stir the Parmesan cheese into the cream, and continue to stir until it melts.
- Add the finely minced parsley, and allow the Alfredo Sauce to cool a bit. Pour into a jar, and when completely cool, refrigerate until time to use.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 467Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 834mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g
[amazon_link asins=’B003L0OOWQ,B0162AGJ3S,B07QC1TWKN,B0786QM6YM,B00555ETXY,B07JWBV923,B00FLYWNYQ,B01NBKTPTS,B008FUJ2LK,B07JX4WM6Q’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’stealsandde08-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’62130830-7f90-4426-b25a-09d301df2e71′]
More Instant Pot Accessories:
- Accessory Bundle Compatible with 5,6 and 8 Qt Instant Pots
- 9-in Tempered Glass Lid
- Stackable Egg Steamer Trivet Compatible with 5,6 and 8 Qt Instant Pots
- Springform Pan Compatible with 6 and 8 Qt Instant Pots
- 3-in-1 Steamer Basket
- Trivet with Heat Resistant Handles
- Bundt Pan and Cheesecake Pan Combo with Trivet/Handles
Want to submit a recipe to be featured? Here are some tips on how to get featured.
- Try to use good lighting, we know it won’t be perfect but taking your photo out side on a solid back drop helps. Wood looks amazing by the way.
- Using a solid white plate can help your recipe pop.
- Take several different shots. Including a few step by step photos or one of all the ingredients together or even if you are doing a dessert such a cheesecake trying also taking a photo of a slice by itself.
- Email your photos and complete recipe including directions and ingredients to: [email protected] (not all recipes submitted will be featured)
JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
Check out some of our Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker Recipes below:
This Instant Pot Meat Cheat Sheet for Cooking Meat will help you take the guesswork- and Googling- out of your Instant Pot Cooking!
Instant Pot Egg Roll Bowl is a family friendly dinner option that will have everyone getting their veggies!
Need to use up those strawberries?? Make this Instant Pot Strawberry Jelly you can enjoy so many ways!
Instant Pot Potato Salad will be on your holiday (and summer) menu regularly! Such a great short-cut to homemade potato salad!
- Marc Anthony Strictly Curls – Request Your FREE Sample Now!
- Dial Body Wash as Low as $1.50 at CVS – No EB Involved!
- Garnier Whole Blends Shampoo or Fructis as Low as 50¢ at CVS After Rewards!
- 2 FREE Crest Toothpaste OR Mouthwash at Walgreens After Rewards
- Crunchmaster Snack Crackers as Low as 53¢ at Walmart!