Most of us have childhood memories of sitting around a campfire waiting for the logs to burn down just enough for some sage member of our family to declare it the ideal time to start roasting marshmallows. Roasting those sweet and airy marshmallows until they're perfectly warm and gooey and then smooshing them between crispy graham crackers and sweet chocolate is a veritable rite of passage. Some of us like them gorgeously golden, and others like them, shall we say, flame kissed? Since I have no plans of building a fire anytime soon, these Easy S'mores Bars are the perfect way to bring these favorite flavors back together!
To start, put your chocolate chips in the freezer. They're going to melt down some when you mix them in, but the little morsels of chocolate melting on your tongue are very s'more-esque so you'll want them! Next, melt your butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add your marshmallows. I like to drop them in a handful at a time so they melt steadily. (And I think it makes stirring easier if I'm not stopping to pick up pesky marshmallows that popped over the side of my pan!) When they're about half-way melted I add another handful. Keep stirring until you've got a gooey creme sauce. Remove from heat.
Empty about half the box of Golden Graham cereal into a large bowl, and pour one-third your sauce over it. Add the remaining cereal and the rest of the sauce. Stir until thoroughly coated. This is when you add in your frozen chocolate chips and stir until they're all mixed in. Finally, pour into a greased 9×13 pan and press down with parchment paper. Let cool and enjoy!
Easy S'mores Bars Recipe:
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 10 oz Bag Regular Marshmallows
- 1 Box of Golden Graham Cereal
- 1-2 cups Chocolate Chips, Frozen (depending on taste)
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows stirring constantly until melted into a marshmallow crème sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, Combine marshmallow crème sauce and Golden Grahams
- Stir until completely coated.
- Once completely coated, stir in frozen chocolate chips. (Freezing the chocolate chips will help them keep their shape)
- Grease a 9x13 pan and press smores down evenly with parchment paper.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 525Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 20mgSodium 140mgCarbohydrates 81gFiber 4gSugar 60gProtein 4g
You can make your servings smaller if you wish.
More Holiday Favorites
- Eggnog Cake Recipe Bundt Cake
- Savory Oyster Cracker Recipe
- Candy Cane Kisses Puppy Chow
- Instant Pot Hot Chocolate Recipe- Tuxedo
- Easy Peppermint Pretzel Bites
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – Cake Mix Cookies
- Candy Cane Cookies Recipe
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies: With Cake Mix!
- Festive Cranberry Orange Chex Mix Recipe
- Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookie Recipe
- Buckeye Candies