Swiffer wet pads are expensive and some would consider them to be a little wasteful. Even with a coupon, you could still pay close to $4 for each refill pack that will only last you about a month (depending on how often you clean), and after just one use they’re in the trash. Now, you can make your own homemade “Swiffer” pads for a fraction of the cost, without using harsh chemicals, and the pads are reusable so you can wash and use them again and again. Here are no-sew DIY Swiffer Pads that will clean your home just as well as the brand name ones, without the harsh chemicals, and can be made in only just five minutes!
Ingredients for solution:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
Supplies for Swiffer Pads
- Microfiber dish towel
- Empty container or large ziplock bag
Start by pouring the water and vinegar into a large ziplock bag or an empty container. Next, add 10 drops of lemon essential oil. To hear more about my favorite essential oils you can read more here. Place your cleaning rags into the solution one at a time. The cleaning rags should soak up most of the solution leaving only a little liquid remaining. If you are using a container, make sure the lid is on tight, if you are using a ziplock bag make sure it is zipped shut.
To use your homemade swiffer pad, simply attach your rag to the mop just as you would a regular Swiffer pad. Feel free to flip it over when one side gets dirty. To clean your rag, just throw it in the washer with your other cleaning rags.
Check Out More of Our Natural Homemade Products
- Homemade Non Toxic Laundry Detergent
- Instant Pot Elderberry Syrup Recipe
- Homemade Dishwashing Detergent
- Toothpaste Hack for Bathroom Organization: Keep it Neat and Clean
- Homemade Laundry Scent Boosters
- 10 Ways To Clean With Baking Soda
- Homemade Face Mask Sprays
- Homemade Bathtub Cleaner
- DIY Car Air Freshener
- Make Your Own Streak Free Glass Cleaner
- 5 Easy Homemade Household Cleaners
- DIY Cleaning Wipes
- DIY Dry Shampoo With Essential Oils