If you're trying to make healthier or lower carb food choices, this Chicken and Avocado Wraps Recipe is a must try!
Chicken and Avocado Wraps
Avocados are known for their healthy fats and keeping you full longer– they are a great food choice if you're trying to cut out simple carbs like sugar, white bread and more. I love adding them to my lunches, but sometimes I have a ripe avocado I'm not really sure what to make with!
These Chicken and Avocado Wraps are anything but bland. Just hearing the name of the recipe you might not think there'd be much flavor, but the cilantro adds so much that no other flavors are needed.
I personally love cilantro so I added just a bit more than the recipe called for.
If cilantro isn't your thing, you can toss the chicken in a little ranch dressing or just dip your wrap in some Ranch Dressing or my favorite– Green Goddess Salad Dressing. The flavors go so well together and I don't miss my sandwich bread or roll whatsoever!
I hope you can make this recipe soon! See Below for your Printable Chicken and Avocado Wraps Recipe
Find some more ideas and additions to jazz up your Chicken and Avocado Wraps Here! While these are primarily lunch ideas, they also work for a light dinner option:
- Thinly Slice a red onion and add along with your avocado
- Serve with Fiesta Ranch dip and veggies
- Use low carb wraps like Mission Spinach Wraps!
- Add sliced tomatoes
- Add a slice of turkey bacon for some crunch!
- Use lettuce wraps instead of tortillas– be sure to wash well!
- 3 chicken breasts, or rotisserie chicken
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- 9 8 " flour tortillas
- 8 oz. sour cream, more for garnish, if desired
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts then cook in a pan until no longer pink (or use a rotisserie chicken!) then shred.
- Mix together the chicken, avocados, mozzarella, and cilantro.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of sour cream on a flour tortilla then top with the chicken mixture. Form into a roll.
- Heat a small amount of oil in your pan then cook your wraps until lightly browned on each side.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Kitchen Hacks for Shredding Chicken:
For those of you who hate the chore of shredding cooked chicken, here are some great kitchen hacks I've run across in my years of cooking… Believe me, I use a LOT of chicken in my recipes!
- Shred Chicken while it's as hot as you can handle. The more it cools, the more difficult it is to shred. If you are saving chicken for later, shred prior to refrigeration.
- Two forks works in a pinch. Use the larger, sharp salad forks if possible.
- You can use meat shredders, commonly used for BBQ
- Use your stand mixer– add chicken and use paddle attachment on the lowest setting until chicken is roughly shredded, but don't overdo it! I always shred the last few pieces by hand so I still have lots of good bite-sized pieces!
I hope you'll give this amazing recipe a try. I know you won't be disappointed! And if you do make it, let us know what you think!
- T-Mobile Tuesdays | Free 90 Day Walmart+ and More!
- Free Samples & Rebates
- Target Deals | Online & Instore
- Free JCPenney Take Home Craft for Kids + Extra Savings Coupon
- Restaurant Discounts & Codes | Today, This Weekend & Beyond!
Join Our Facebook Groups:
Cottontail Marketplace – The Queen's New Business – Handmade Crafts & More
Consumer Queen Crest Foods Deals (Oklahoma Only)
Consumer Queen Homeland Group (Oklahoma Only)
Have you joined our Facebook yet? We have over 18,000 members who share deals, recipes and lifestyle tips with each other. Click here to join and start saving with us today.
Want MORE DEALS? Check out AMAZON FACEBOOK GROUP where we post deals and codes for up to 75% off Amazon products.
Would you like to earn free gift cards? Shopkick is an app that allows you to earn ‘kicks (points)” cards just for walking in the store. You can then redeem those points to earn free gift cards. Check out the the highlighted link to learn more and start earning free gift cards today.