Take a look at these decadent Nutella Brownies…. which don’t look like they take only two ingredients and about 5 minutes to whip up! How many times have we been hit with a sudden chocolate craving only to realize there are no brownie mixes in the pantry? And of course one of the ingredients for brownies from scratch is always missing from my pantry! 🙂 However, this quick recipe is the perfect solution for a quick chocolate treat!
I put this recipe together in around 10 minutes. It does require a mixer to beat the eggs well enough to be light and fluffy. I didn’t realize this at first. You want the eggs fluffy so they incorporate well into the Nutella. The other key to this recipe coming out beautifully is to be sure and let the Nutella cool down after softening in the microwave. This is to keep the eggs from basically scrambling, which they will do if they were mixed with hot Nutella! My new can of Nutella was fairly softened already from being in the warm kitchen so it didn’t even need to go into the microwave. If you are getting it out of the refrigerator or if it’s fairly solid, follow recipe exactly and be sure to soften in the microwave to ensure it is able to mix well with the eggs.
That is all there is to it! If you want to make half a recipe, the batter will fit perfectly in a ramekin dish for a single size treat! Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a molten sundae or enjoy with a cup of coffee on one of our cool fall afternoons coming up. Don’t forget this recipe is gluten free, if you are looking to add to your GF recipe list!
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 cup Nutella
- Confectioner's sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Form parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pan, leaving an overhanging and spray with nonstick spray.
- Using the whisk attachment of your electric mixer, beat the eggs for 8 minutes on medium-high speed. The eggs should be triple in size and be pale in color.
- Microwave your Nutella in a small bowl on high, for 1 minute. Let cool until eggs are done mixing.
- With your mixer attachment on low speed, add the Nutella to the eggs and mix until just combined. You might need to stop and scrape the bowl a few times to fully mix the Nutella.
- Spread the mix into your prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely and then remove from pan using parchment sling. Dust with confectioner's sugar if desired. Cut into squares.
- Can be stored in airtight container in refrigerator for up to one week.