See this Homemade Organic Lasagna recipe– it’s a must try if you eat organic foods at home!
Homemade Organic Lasagna:
I love being able to know exactly what ingredients are in my food. Although pre-made frozen lasagnas are convenient, they do come along with many preservatives.
There have been times the family hasn’t wanted to try organic recipes, but I think I won them over on this Homemade Organic Lasagna recipe.
I have also been working on bringing my family back to the dinner table to eat together so I decided to go all out and buy some organic bread from Aldi and pair with some Italian olive oil and balsamic vinegar for a dipping sauce.
When we sat down for dinner , we said our prayers and everyone began to dig in. I could hear hmmm, yum, this is good coming from the table and I just started giggling. I asked both my husband and my son, “So I assume you all like it right?” , “yes ma’am they said. I said “GOOD, cause it’s all ORGANIC!”. My husband quickly said are you serious? This is organic? and there ya have it! Another SCORE for mom! They actually told me to put it on the list to make again.
Now if you don’t think you can afford organic, I have to tell you, YES! It’s possible!
Now if you are still not keen on organic just simply substitute all of the ingredients listed for non organic.
More on Saving on Organic Ingredients:
- Grass Fed Ground Beef – I find this at Aldi, usually about $2 less per lb than other stores!
- Simply Balanced Organic Whole Wheat Lasagna – Look for sales at Target, and combine with your Target REDcard for extra 5% off!
- Organic Valley Shredded Cheese – I can usually find great coupons for organic dairy. I do switch brands, depending on which one I have a coupon for. Find them at links above.
- Organic Garlic Powder and Italian Seasoning- Shop Aldi for these, too! Consistently less than other stores in price!
- Pasta- Aldi has a great line of Simply Nature Organic Pasta. Although they may not always have lasagna noodles- the stock seems to vary a bit now and then- I can always find something that will work. I’ve substituted Ziti, Penne and other pastas for a delicious baked “lasagna” dish that is still organic- win win!
These are just a few examples of my savings. Now, do I only buy organics 100% of the time? NO. I do what I can on my family’s budget and I haven’t cut out everything my family loves but we are making huge strides and I can feel good when I can make a meal like this that is good for them and it didn’t cost me to much more. Read my post called The Natural Food vs. Junk Food Fight.
Homemade Organic Lasagna Recipe:
- 1 pkg Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles, Simply Balanced Organic oven ready
- 2-3 cans Tomato Sauce, Muir Glen depending how much you like
- 1 lb Hamburger Meat, of Grass Fed
- Garlic Powder, Simply Organic
- Italian Seasoning, Simply Organic
- 1 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese, Organic Valley
- 16 oz Shredded Mozzarella, Organic Valley 1-2 bags depending on how much cheese and how many layers of noodles you are adding
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, Organic Valley
- 2 Eggs
- Olive oil
- Cook hamburger meat with a 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Add tomato sauce to meat with a 1-2tsp of Italian seasoning to taste
- Heat well for about 3 mins.
- Heat oven to 375
- Spray lasagna dish with olive oil
- Combine 2 eggs, ricotta cheese, and 2 cups of mozzarella and parmesan cheese in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese over each noodle ( I did not use the whole pkg of noodles)
- Add layer of noodles
- Add Layer of meat sauce
- Add layer of mozzarella & parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle a little Garlic powder over layer to taste.
- Repeat layering steps 3-4 times.
- Cover with foil and bake for 50-60 mins.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 580Saturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 144mgSodium: 1764mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 39g
Love this Homemade Organic Lasagna? See More Here:
- Luvs Diapers $4.97 at Walmart!
- Calvin Klein Bralettes Only $7 Shipped!
- CoverGirl Cosmetics as Low as FREE
- 11×14 Photo Poster ONLY $1.99 at Walgreens (Reg. $11.99)
- Newest Deals at Sonic – Don’t Miss!
Cottontail Marketplace – The Queen’s New Business – Handmade Crafts & More
Consumer Queen Crest Foods Deals (Oklahoma Only)
Consumer Queen Homeland Group (Oklahoma Only)