This this Heart-Shaped Homemade Bath Fizzies Recipe is the perfect way to say I love you to that special someone.
I absolutely love the bath bombs from Lush and so does my husband. He has been known to sometimes take 2 -3 baths a day to sooth his aches and pains so you can probably imagine how many bath bombs we can go through in just a week. As I am seeking out more natural products, I knew there had to be a way to make these myself. I love being able to know what ingredients are in the products I use and I feel like I am saving a ton of money buy making these myself.
So I decided to make this Heart-Shaped Homemade Bath Fizzies Recipe and I love that their heart shaped which shows my family that I am thinking about them and how much I love them. These also make great teachers gifts!
You can definitely use this Bath Fizzies Recipe in many different ways!
For Valentines or that Special Date Night – Use Ylang Ylang Oil
For Sleep & Kids – Use Lavender and Peace and Calming Oil
For a Menthol Bath – Use Peppermint and Eucalyptus Radiata/Blue Oil
It’s always a good idea to test in small amounts any oil if you are using oils on kids or have sensitive skin.
Do you have a favorite Young Living essential oil that you use in the bath? Leave us a comment below and let us know.
- • ½ cup Baking Soda
- • ¼ cup Citric Acid
- • ¼ cup Epsom Salts
- • 3 Tablespoons Oil, I used Grapeseed Oil
- • 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Glycerin
- • A few drops Essential Oils, optional
- In a bowl, mix together the baking soda, citric acid, and Epsom salts and stir until all of the large clumps are gone. Add in the oil and the glycerin and mix the mixture with a fork or with your fingers to get the liquids incorporated. Add in a few drops of essential oils if desired.
- Take the mixture and pack it down into heart shaped molds. Make sure to tightly pack each mold. Let the bath fizzies air dry for several hours before use.
- To use, drop a few bath fizzies into your bath water for a fun scented fizzy tub.
Make sure to store in an air tight container.
Keep away from children, label with directions for use: Drop in 1-2 in bath.
Don’t forget to download the ConsumerQueen.com Savings Toolbar.