I used to bake several times a week and then we added another child to our family and I found that I no longer had so much time for baking. However, I do still love baking and do it whenever I can! This recipe for Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars made me drool as soon as I saw it and I knew I had to take the time to make them!
The crust for these bars reminds me a lot of a shortcake cookie, which I love. It's the perfect base for the creamy cheesecake filling and cinnamon-y apples.
The streusel topping adds the perfect crust to this delicious desert and when drizzled with caramel the flavors are out of this world! Honestly, I love these bars with or without the caramel. They're delicious either way!
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced or thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Caramel sauce, optional
- Streusel topping:
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. quick cook oats
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 9x13 pan with foil. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine flour and brown sugar in a bowl and cut in the butter using a pastry cutter until mixture is crumbly. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake 15 minutes or until lightly brown. Set a side to cool while you make the cream cheese mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 1/2 c. sugar on medium speed until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time and vanilla. Stir to combine then pour over warm crust.
- Combine apples, 2 Tbsp. sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Spoon evenly over the top of the cheesecake layer.
- For the Streusel topping:
- Combine brown sugar, flour, quick cook oats and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the apple layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until filling is set and apples have softened. Allow to cool for 30-45 minutes then place in the fridge until the cheesecake filling has set completely.
- Drizzle with caramel, if desired, when serving.
More Holiday Favorites
- Eggnog Cake Recipe Bundt Cake
- Savory Oyster Cracker Recipe
- Candy Cane Kisses Puppy Chow
- Instant Pot Hot Chocolate Recipe- Tuxedo
- Easy Peppermint Pretzel Bites
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – Cake Mix Cookies
- Candy Cane Cookies Recipe
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies: With Cake Mix!
- Festive Cranberry Orange Chex Mix Recipe
- Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookie Recipe
- Buckeye Candies