As we all know, coffee and chocolate just go together and these Coffee Brownies are no exception! I’m a coffee-aholic so this is one of my favorite ways to make brownies. And the fact that they’re super simple doesn’t hurt, either!
This recipe can also be adjusted to personal taste. The coffee flavor comes from replacing the water called for in the brownie box mix with cold brewed coffee and some instant coffee. If you love a strong coffee flavor then go ahead and add more instant coffee (I’d say 2-3 tablespoons at most) and if you like just a hint of coffee flavor then stick with the recipe as written. The addition of the chocolate chips is optional as well. I like them because who doesn’t like more chocolate??? And it also helps enhance the coffee flavor but they are definitely not necessary in this recipe.
My favorite way to indulge in these fudgy brownies is while they’re still warm from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! SO GOOD! They’re not bad with a cup of coffee in the morning for breakfast, either (don’t ask me how I know that!).
I have made these brownies for many occasions and I’ve always come home with an empty pan and lots of requests for more! The only negative about these brownies is that I can’t stop eating them!
- 1 box of your favorite Brownie Mix
- Eggs and Oil called for on the back of the box
- Cold Coffee, replaces the water called for in the box mix
- Instant Coffee, anywhere from 2 tsp. - 3 tablespoons
- 1/3 c. Milk Chocolate Chips
- Mix together the brownie mix, eggs, oil, cold coffee and instant coffee. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake as directed on the back of the box.
Cook times vary, follow brownie mix packaging