It's red white and blue time! These strawberries with be a hit at the picnic! Fireworks won't be the only thing getting ooos and ahhs! And the best part is they aren't that hard to make, the kids can even help!
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1 cup melted white chocolate
- 1/4 cup blue sugar ( buy it premade or make your own by mixing in a few drops of food coloring)
- First wash the strawberries and make sure they are completely dry. Put them in the fridge.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with wax paper so put the finished berries on. Melt the chocolate according to the directions. Be careful not to over cook it or mix in any water. Put the sugar in a small dish.
- Make an assembling line in this order: strawberries, melted chocolate, sugar and cookie sheet.
- Dip the strawberries into the chocolate. Make sure you don't cover the whole strawberry because you want the red to show.
- Roll the tip of the chocolate covered strawberry in the sugar and place on the wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- When all the strawberries are done put them in the fridge for at least 15 minutes for them to harden,
This is the assembly line I used to put them together. The kids even helped!
*A naturally gluten free treat!