See these fun Holiday Brownie Tree Bites for a super easy December dessert!
Here is another great Holiday baking recipe from my trip to Smuckers. These Holiday Brownie Tree Bites are a fun spin on the classic iced sugar cookies we all make every Christmas!
Of course I love decorating sugar cookies, but sometimes we just need some chocolate! Next time you’re having the kids or grandkids decorate cookies, whip up a brownie mix and just prepare these small triangles ahead of time. Have some green frosting ready to go, and of course a few pretzel sticks for tree trunks. These may be more of a hit than the usual cookies! See the easy recipe below. This also works as a great last minute treat if you have a couple family members coming over, or if you’re preparing a cookie plate for socially distanced Christmas cookie exchanges this year. Enjoy!
Note: This recipe states use a 9×13 pan, but if you can also use (2) 8-9″ round pans or pie pans, and bake in those and slice into perfect tree shapes, no cookie cutter needed! Add cooking spray to get the brownies out easily from pan. 🙂
- • Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 container Pillsbury® Funfetti® Garland Green Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 24 pretzel sticks, halved
- 1. HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 9x13-inch baking pan with foil. Coat with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions using oil, water and eggs.
- 2. BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Freeze 30 minutes.
- 3. REMOVE from pan using edges of foil. Cut brownies into 6 horizontal rows. Cut 8 triangles out of each row to resemble trees. Insert pretzel into bottom center of triangle to form tree trunk. Frost trees. Sprinkle with candy bits.