See these fun Holiday Brownie Tree Bites for a super easy December dessert!
Here is another great Holiday baking recipe from my trip to Smuckers. These Holiday Brownie Tree Bites are a fun spin on the classic iced sugar cookies we all make every Christmas!
Of course I love decorating sugar cookies, but sometimes we just need some chocolate! Next time you’re having the kids or grandkids decorate cookies, whip up a brownie mix and just prepare these small triangles ahead of time. Have some green frosting ready to go, and of course a few pretzel sticks for tree trunks. These may be more of a hit than the usual cookies! See the easy recipe below. This also works as a great last minute treat if you have a couple family members coming over, or if you’re preparing a cookie plate for socially distanced Christmas cookie exchanges this year. Enjoy!
Note: This recipe states use a 9×13 pan, but if you can also use (2) 8-9″ round pans or pie pans, and bake in those and slice into perfect tree shapes, no cookie cutter needed! Add cooking spray to get the brownies out easily from pan. 🙂
- • Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 container Pillsbury® Funfetti® Garland Green Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 24 pretzel sticks, halved
- 1. HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 9x13-inch baking pan with foil. Coat with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions using oil, water and eggs.
- 2. BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Freeze 30 minutes.
- 3. REMOVE from pan using edges of foil. Cut brownies into 6 horizontal rows. Cut 8 triangles out of each row to resemble trees. Insert pretzel into bottom center of triangle to form tree trunk. Frost trees. Sprinkle with candy bits.
Have you joined our Facebook yet? We have over 19,000 members who share deals, recipes and lifestyle tips with each other. Click here to join.