We love crafts that repurpose things we already have around the house. With this Easy Upcycle Craft, you can make a fun Halloween Witch with just an old Gain Flings Container!
Gain Flings Halloween DIY Craft
If you saw the Tide Pods Pumpkin Craft we recently posted, this is another spin on that same theme. This scary Halloween Witch would be super cute on the porch right next to the Tide Pods Pumpkin if you’ve already done that craft!
You will start with one of the largest size Gain Flings cartons. You can use the ones that come with the 42-96 count. The smaller cartons will be harder to work with when you go to apply the details, so keep that in mind.
The first step is to wash off all labeling from the Gain Flings Carton. This may be easier said than done. If you have issues with the adhesive, try Goo Gone or even some Dawn Dish Soap to get it clean.
You will crumple up the Gain Flings carton a bit. This will give the witch a wrinkly face and will help add details!
Halloween Craft Template:
The easiest way to make this DIY Halloween craft is by using a template. You can print off the one pictured HERE. Just cut out with sharp scissors!
Some of us are great artists and might be able to free-hand paint the witch face on the carton. Go for it! If you can do that, definitely put those talents to work.
Adding Details to Your DIY Halloween Craft:
The next thing you will need after your template is applied is some hair! You can get really creative here. Especially if you don’t happen to have any orange gift wrap paper handy.
For alternatives you can also do a set of black tissue paper, or even an old Halloween wig!
This is totally optional, and again I would just recommend using whatever you have in the craft bin! Hot glue your hair and any additional decorations to the witch, and you’re done!
Add a hat for even more character! You can find a cheap hat at the Dollar Tree or even a few other Dollar stores near you.
Remember, this DIY Halloween craft is just for fun. If you mess it up, you can always start over without much time spent.
Remember to hot glue any decorations onto your Gain Flings Witch yourself, for safety reasons.
Just as a note, this DIY is written for adults rather than a kids’ activity, simply since Laundry Detergent cartons are not toys and are meant to be kept away from children. This would be a fun Halloween activity for teens and tweens, however!
I hope you can get the chance to upcycle an old Gain Flings carton- instead of trying to figure out whether to throw it in the recycle bin or not. Happy crafting– and Happy Halloween!
Gain Flings Carton Witch
- 1 Gain Flings Carton (empty, washed out)
- Witch Face Template
- Printer paper OR 8.5x11 blank adhesive label OR adhesive vinyl
- Glitter Glue (optional)
- Orange Tissue Paper
- Orange Pipe Cleaners
- Costume Witch Hat (optional)
- Glue Gun
1. Wash and remove labels to Gain Flings Carton. Crumple carton slightly if possible.
2. Print template
3. Apply witch face either by gluing template onto carton with hot glue, or using adhesive vinyl.
4. Add lid to carton and add orange tissue paper for hair, hot gluing on at top of the Gain Flings carton.
5. Apply Glitter Glue if desired.
6. Glue Chenille Stems for additional hair.
7. Add a Dollar Store Witch Hat for even more detail! (Optional).
I would not recommend trying to cut holes in the container, since they are very hard plastic and it would be time consuming and difficult!
- Skippy Peanut Butter Pouches Free at Target
- Aldi Finds Week of 3/3/21 – Cucumbers, Red Grapes, Lemons & More!
- Bella Smokeless Grill Only $29.99 Today Only – Reg. $50!
- Old Navy Leggings for Women $6.50 – Today Only
- FREE 8×10 Photo at Walgreens – Get Your Code!
Have you joined our Facebook yet? We have over 19,000 members who share deals, recipes and lifestyle tips with each other. Click here to join.
See More Here:
See how to make this classic comfort food with little effort! Enjoy these Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are a delicious spin on Chocolate Chip Cookies – perfect for fall or any time you need to use up leftover pumpkin!