Take a look at my new Roasted Sausage and Veggies Recipe – A Healthy Summer Dish!
A Great Weeknight Meal
We eat a lot of chicken for dinners so while menu planning recently I wanted to do something different and decided to use up some sausage I had in the freezer. I also wanted a meal that was quick and easy to throw together. As a mom of 3 I gravitate towards meals that are healthy and filling and don’t require hours of standing over a hot stove. Roasted Sausage and Veggies was the perfect solution!
The best part about this recipe is that you can really use any veggies you happen to have hanging out in the fridge (this is great for using up the veggies before they go bad!) or you can just purchase whatever vegetables your family likes best! I chose sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, green beans and green pepper. Other great choices for this recipe would be carrots, white mushrooms, broccoli, red potatoes and asparagus.
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP! Don’t forget to PIN this recipe to Pinterest. You can follow us on Pinterest too. If you have good photography and want your recipe featured here please email us at [email protected]
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts cut in half
- 2 medium sweet potatoes chopped small
- Approximately 1 lb. green beans trimmed and cut in half
- 1 Green bell pepper chopped
- 12 oz sausage sliced (I used Italian but any flavor would work)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tblsp. oregano
- 1 Tblsp. parsley
- Parmesan optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large rimmed sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Place all of the veggies and sausage in a large bowl and pour on the olive oil (I just eyeballed it) and all the spices. Mix until all is evenly coated.
- Bake 15 minutes then stir the veggies and sausage around. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Sprinkle parmesan over top and serve with rice or quinoa.