There’s just something fun about eating cake from a little stick! It’s easier than you might think to learn How to Make Funfetti Cake Pops. The first time I tasted them I thought they were like a mouthful of deliciousness, but I love cake! After all, doesn’t everyone?!? While wedding cake will always be my absolute favorite, I think cake balls may just be my second. They take a little practice to get the proper shape, but once you get the hang of it all goes smoothly.
Here’s a few of my tips- Use a cookie scoop to form the balls to ensure even sized cake pops. You can check out our post on 10 Uses for Cookie Scoops. Cover your freezer safe plate with parchment paper for easy release of your cake pops. You may find that floral foam may discolor your cake pop sticks. You can try this cake pop stand if you’re looking for a more professional outcome.
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- 1 box of Funfetti cake mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli white chocolate melting wafers
- Confetti sprinkles
- Cake pop sticks
- Make the cake balls:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Bake cake as directed and let cool.
- crumb the cake into a medium bowl.
- Add 1/2 Tbsp. frosting to the crumbled cake.
- Combined until dough like
- take a small size of the dough and form into a ball
- Continue until all cake mix is formed into balls
- Place onto a plate and place into the freezer for 30 minutes until solid
- Prepare the chocolate
- Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate
- Pull out the cake balls and set onto the counter next to the melted chocolate
- Take cake pop stick and dip one end into the chocolate, push the cake pop stick end with the melted chocolate into cake ball
- We like to use a floral foam to place our cake pops in as they harden
- Place back into the freezer until chocolate is hard
- Pull cake balls back out and dip into the melted chocolate
- Lightly tap the stick onto the edge of the pot with the melted chocolate so that the extra chocolate falls off
- Push bottom of stick into the floral foam block to hold the stick
- sprinkle some confetti sprinkles on top of the cake pop
- repeat with remaining cake balls.
- Once the chocolate is hardened, slowly pull out the sticks for cake balls or leave in for cake pops -
Yield may vary with size of cake balls prepared.