Lemon Crinkle Cookies Recipe
See this Lemon Crinkle Cookies recipe– these look like they came from the bakery, not a cake mix!
Lemon Crinkle Cookies:
What says late summer better than a great lemon cookie? This recipe is one of my favorites, although anything lemon is on my list!
These cookies are your typical lemon cookie with one important change. Instead of a glaze, these have just a mild powdered sugar coating.
They are much less messy, and are also a bit more tangy since they have a lot less of that sweetness since we don't have icing or glaze over the top. Don't get me wrong, we love iced cookies too! But these are so easy and skipping the step making a glaze is always nice. 😉
I got the idea for a simple crinkle cookie with a lemon cake mix a while back, getting ready to head to a canning party. We were canning peaches and I wanted something summery but also kid friendly, since there were going to be quite a few kiddos there.
Lemon cookies sounded great but I had no lemon extract, just a Lemon Cake Mix. I couldn't really find a recipe online that I liked for cake mix cookies so just went the mix made it my own. There are tons of amazing lemon desserts from scratch but if you're in a hurry, this recipe is perfect.
These were a hit!!
After they were devoured in just a short bit, I decided to keep this as one of my super-quick dessert recipes.
Honestly you could also skip the step of refrigerating the dough for 30 minutes, but it just makes the dough a little easier to work with and will save you some time rolling it. Either way, you can whip these cookies up in no time.
The only other tip I will suggest here is that you do not over-bake these. They are best soft and chewy. So just keep an eye on them if you're unsure how long to bake.
We have cake mixes on sale often and especially around the late summer and early fall. I will be making these again! Hope you enjoy them as well!
Print Your Recipe Here:
Lemon Crinkle Cookies Recipe
Taste like sunshine in your mouth.
- 1 Box Duncan Hines Lemon Cake Mix
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Confectioners Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking cover.
- Mix cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs well in bowl. Dough will be thick.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes-1 hour or until dough is firm.
- Use medium sized cookie scoop to ensure all cookies are the same size. Scoop out dough, slightly more than cookie scoop will hold and roll into balls.
- Put confectioner's sugar in separate bowl or plate. Roll each cookie ball well in the confectioner's sugar and place on cookie tray.
- Press down slightly to flatten cookie out. Cookie dough should be about 1/2" thick.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Do not over-bake.
- After cookies are finished baking, transfer immediately to wire rack to cool. Do not leave on cookie tray as they will continue cooking. Cool and enjoy!
- Makes about 1 1/2 dozen large cookies.
See More from Consumer Queen:
- Top Walgreens Deals | Weekly Ad Matchups 2/26 – 3/4
- Top CVS Deals | Weekly Ad Matchups 2/26 – 3/4
- Free Microfiber Cleaning Cloths
- Walgreens Deals | Latest Offers & Rewards
- Join Pillsbury for Up to $250 in Yearly Coupons, Free Samples + More!
More Holiday Favorites
- Eggnog Cake Recipe Bundt Cake
- Savory Oyster Cracker Recipe
- Candy Cane Kisses Puppy Chow
- Instant Pot Hot Chocolate Recipe- Tuxedo
- Easy Peppermint Pretzel Bites
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – Cake Mix Cookies
- Candy Cane Cookies Recipe
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies: With Cake Mix!
- Festive Cranberry Orange Chex Mix Recipe
- Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookie Recipe
- Buckeye Candies
Join Our Facebook Groups:
Brown Box Shoppers – Amazon Deals and Coupon Codes
CQ Black Friday Deals & Hot Online Deals
Cottontail Marketplace – The Queen's New Business – Handmade Crafts & More
Consumer Queen Crest Foods Deals (Oklahoma Only)
Consumer Queen Homeland Group (Oklahoma Only)
Frugal Living Tips and Tricks That Work
Easy Slow Cooker Recipes – Dump and Go Crockpot Meals
Easy Delicious Recipes- Just Like Grandma Used to Make
Air Fryer Recipes – Easy and Delicious
Instant Pot Recipes – Easy and Delicious
CQ Oklahoma Natural & Organic Support Group
If you love to shop online check out some of our other online shopping deals and online coupon codes. Many shopping codes are only available for a limited time so make sure you check them out now!
See 20 Fresh Garden Recipes you can make with garden produce!
The OFFICIAL Disney Dole Whip Recipe has been released- and you will be surprised at how easy it is to make!
Use up those extra apples with this Fresh Homemade Apple Butter!