Needing a dessert with only a few ingredients? Try this Slow Cooker Spiced Apple Dump Cake!
Slow Cooker Spiced Apple Dump Cake
Apples, cherries, blueberries, anything, and of course pumpkin are all my favorite flavors for fall! How do I incorporate lots of flavors? Enter my friend- The Dump Cake! When it comes to the dump cake and its endless flavor combinations I could go on, and on, and on, and well, I think we’re all on the same page here.
This week, I think Slow Cooker Spiced Apple Dump Cake is what I want! Next week?? I’ll have to think on that.
Perfect for Any Time of Year
Although we normally think of dump cakes and slow cooker cakes in terms of fall and winter desserts, this recipe can be adapted to any time of year. The Spiced Apple Dump Cake has a great “all American apple pie” quality to it! Meaning, you can serve this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream any time of year, and it will be a hit!
I love making homemade vanilla ice cream for Memorial Day, to officially bring in summer. The Slow Cooker Spiced Apple Dump Cake is ideal to serve along with it, since you aren’t heating the kitchen up any more than needed. And, it cooks itself!
Possibly the best part of this recipe is the limited ingredients needed. How many of us just have a cake mix and a few other things in the pantry but really want to whip up an easy dessert. This one does NOT need all the traditional cake ingredients.
You will need:
- Spice Cake Mix
- Apple Pie Filling (any brand)
That’s it! I love that this can be done while you’re busy in the kitchen preparing dinner or while getting ready to head out for errands. Take a look below at a few tips for making a great slow cooker dump cake. Remember, if your slow cooker is older and runs extra hot/cold/or cooks unevenly, keep a close eye on it. I love slow cooker liners since they allow your slow cooker to be a little more forgiving. They can even out the heat (just MY opinion, as a disclaimer! LOL) and they help with clean up, of course.
Tips for Making Your Spiced Apple Dump Cake
- Use a slow cooker liner. You can grab these on Amazon or find them in the baking aisle. It’s so worth it! I took photos without one, and you can make this either way, but this is an ooey-gooey recipe!
- If you haven’t made dump cakes in the slow cooker before, watch your slow cooker carefully to ensure cake is done, but not too overdone on edges.
- There’s a couple of ways you can go about putting your butter on top. You can cut it into thin pats and checkerboard it, and then go back and fill in as many empty squares as possible.
- You can melt the butter and drizzle it evenly over the top. You can soften it, and mush it right into the cake mix.
- I like the checkerboard, and I will use extra butter if needed to cover every square. I’m a fan of real butter, and 2 sticks is plenty. Your slow cooker will ensure that you don’t have any dry spots.
In my opinion mushing softened butter right into the cake mix just makes for a mess, and it’s hard to spread. It defeats the whole purpose of the whole “dump cake” and makes more work.
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- 2 cans of apple pie filling
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 2 sticks of butter
- Add pie filling to slow cooker
- Sprinkle cake mix over pie filling
- Place 2 sticks of butter on top
- Cook on low for 3 hours.
- Tip: You can add pecans or caramel to this recipe , right after the pie filling or for topping!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 494Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 682mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 3g
See More from Consumer Queen Here:
- Spaghetti Dinner for 4 + Leftovers – Under $13 at Aldi!
- Consumer Queen Daily Recap of Deals 8/14/20
- FREE Crispy Fruit Snacks at Big Lots (Rewards Members)
- Restaurant Discounts & Codes – This Weekend & Beyond!
- Homemade Face Mask Sprays