This is a recipe that is great for any party. There is nothing better than homemade carmel pecan popcorn. I got this recipe from my mother in law Lynda.
Follow us on Facebook for more recipes! Subscribe to our blog so you never misss a recipe.
- 2 cups packed brown sugar (can use Splenda Brown Sugar Blend)
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract (can also use Amaretto)
- 8 quarts popped popcorn (I use air popped)
- 1 cup broken pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Spread popcorn on packing sheet or in roasting pan. Boil first 3 ingredients for 5 minutes, remove from heat. Stir in soda and vanilla (or Amaretto) mixing well; Add pecan pieces. Pour over popcorn; stir well to coat. Bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes. Break apart when cool enough to touch.